3,500 years old and 118 foot tall Cypress tree burned!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying find out what cause fire the 118-foot-tall bald cypress tree named "The Senator" burned for several hours early Monday. :dunno:

The county parks department says ring samples showed the tree was roughly 3,500 years old. :(

3,500-Year-Old Tree Burns Down In Central Florida Park

So far they have not found out what caused it. It was in our local newspaper today. Very sad. I remember going to see it on a school field trip back in the 70's.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Wow that's really sad news. That's pretty old! Seems that these trees aren't very fireproof. They burn up real easy!

Oh my gosh, I was watchin late night news on abc and said it was arson. :mad: The tree was hallowed and fire spread quickly.

who ever responsible for it (if deliberate) ought to go to Jail for life, because to me, a 3,500 years old trees is PRECIOUS, more so the Diamonds, its a LIFEFORM that spanned 3 millininas!!
This is real sad news

Someone who burned down the tree should be sentenced to death.

Anyway,

Few years ago, a 700 year old Sitka Spruce in Oregon was weakened by high winds. It was destroyed by lightning that broke the tree and now it's only a 75 ft tall stump standing dead. It was 185 ft tall originally.

Back