25 things about to become extinct in America!

Times like these are when brain gum is handy. You'll wish you bought those think gum packs.

2yubrdf.jpg

Haha, I am one of those 0.4% that get their milk from the milkman. There is a local dairy only 2 blocks from my house. I have a cooler on my porch and twice a week I get my dairy delivery. I do my orders online and they always deliver the perfect order. I get my milk, chocolate milk, eggs, bread, cheese, juice, and even wonderfully tasting hams from my dairy. It is called Winder Dairy (I think they actually call it Winder Farms now) for those who like to look it up on google. Their family grew up with my Dad, and I was friends with their children also while growing up.

DUDE WINDER FARMS ROCKS! I LOVE THAT PLACE! My parents use to get it delivered to their house in Vegas when I lived there, but now I live in N. nv and they don't deliver up here. OH their chocolate milk is AMAZING! I MISS IT SO MUCH!

btw - I don't get it about Ash Tree. What's so significant about it? Educate me.

btw - I don't get it about Ash Tree. What's so significant about it? Educate me.

I'm not too well covered in this, but we briefly went over this in one of the early bio courses.

Ash trees are prone to bugs and diseases that wipe them out like the plague. Similar things were going on with citrus trees, but that one is bacterial.

The bug responsible for killing ash trees is the A. planipennis insect, also called ash borer. Then start factoring other things like people cutting down trees for deforestation into paper/pulp mills, for new homes and cities, stuff like that and all of it contributes.

what's so special about blue crab?

what's so special about finches? whats so special about maple trees, whats so special about trouts.... the list can go on.

Ash trees is a part of the living ecosystem and there are issues that is taking them out of the ecosystem.

Same can be said about Pine beetles taking out forests here :(

This is one of the touchy subjects I wonder about from being in the bio area. There is nothing special about the blue crab except it's its own crab species. Same with the ash tree.

Human culture currently is towards preservation, preservation, don't let them go extinct.
The causes of extinction are usually new or invasive organisms or competition for natural resources.

If they "froze" and kept everything alive in the current world it also means that new species won't be able to come out.

It's kind of like putting the earth in a time stasis due to human involvement. But if we let everything die and live the way it should go, we will have super organisms.
Imagine a bear that can see in the night like a snake. Or a bird that can use brainpower to hunt (like say, attack human's eyes).

Stuff like that....

what's so special about finches? whats so special about maple trees, whats so special about trouts.... the list can go on.

Ash trees is a part of the living ecosystem and there are issues that is taking them out of the ecosystem.

Same can be said about Pine beetles taking out forests here :(

Point is - Ash Tree is mentioned in this list. It implies significance. I don't know anything about Ash Tree except it's being raped by bugs and disease.

Point is - Ash Tree is mentioned in this list. It implies significance. I don't know anything about Ash Tree except it's being raped by bugs and disease.

Yea, the significance is that it is going extinct. That is all to the article.

Yea, the significance is that it is going extinct. That is all to the article.

if it's just like any normal tree species.. then it's not that significant to me cuz the way I see it - "what dies comes a new life."

Back