23 Words that mean something totally different in Florida

:lol: Reba

We've been to Greenville, SC. But you are more toward the coast right?

But not Florida. My folks went to Florida. They were on Sanibel Island and the areas of that region. My dad does well with heat and humidity and even he was somewhat in awe of the Florida humidity. We have a pic of him pointing to a mid-size 'gator that was standing behind him. The gator was wandering around their condo and one morning they found him in the pool.

:lol: Reba

We've been to Greenville, SC. But you are more toward the coast right?
Yes, we're on the opposite end from Greenville, down near the southeastern coast.

ahh, yes I thought so. Which region of the state do you like the best?

Funny but true especially about "winter". I remember growing up in daytona beach seeing those canadian tourists swim in the ocean. I would think "those people are nuts swimming around in the winter!" but later on I realized that for those canadians winter here is like summer up there.

oh yeah, I remember you mentioning about the Lowcountry, my aunt <mom's sister> and her husband traveled there and showed us some pictures. They brought us back some specific kind of rice. I would like to see Charlestown.
:)

:wave:I like sweet potato pie too. I saw "health food store" version of it a few times at my co-op.

I love tamales and a different health food store in my area had a demo/sampling of local, authentic/handmade and vegan <!> tamales recently. The vegan ones were really popular at the demo and I went to buy some but there weren't any left:( The demo person's boss hadn't given her enough of the vegan styles of tamale to bring for the store to sell.

Sometimes people are scared to try new things. I like to learn about various cultures and people.

I don't think I'd want to always hunt down these unique or more"hard-to-find" things all the time, but am not sure about having an isle labeled "ethnic" either.

My b/f and I would steal pieces his grandmother sweet potato pies. I wanted some red horseradish for Passover and I could not find it at Market Basket and no one that worked knew what it was. Shaw's has an "ethnic" section and that made it a lot easier to find food from all over the world.
Yeah , I don't I would want try eating bugs , I know some countries do but I would say I do not eat 'meat' and is not Kosher .

oh yeah, I remember you mentioning about the Lowcountry, my aunt <mom's sister> and her husband traveled there and showed us some pictures. They brought us back some specific kind of rice. I would like to see Charlestown.
:)
We are Charleston in SC. :)

Yes, rice is a big deal in SC, since the days of the plantations.

Stupid humidity.... definitely muggy.... What area are they planning to move to? :P Definitely a large Deaf community down here in the Tampa Bay area. :P Jobs aren't too bad to find and the cost of living isn't too bad, either. :P

They want to move to St. Augustine

We have a mountain in our city too , it's the landfill and I call it
Mt. Crapmore .

in our city, Palmerston North, of New Zealand, theres a landfill 'mountain' its called Mount Cleese, from John Cleese who wrote a bad review of Palmy as a destination of his tour in NZ some 10 years ago....

LOL
Mt. Cleese

We are Charleston in SC. :)

Yes, rice is a big deal in SC, since the days of the plantations.

And, the Charleston area is like Pensacola without the snow-white beaches. SC coast is light tan sand.

Same as Pensacola, we have tropical storms/hurricanes, love bugs in the spring, smelly wood pulp processing plants, alligators, sea-level roads that flood during tide changes, yellow pine trees, flat land, lots of military bases and mountains (land fills) :)

Back