21's a Bust? Seven States Debate Lowering Drinking Age

Don't they have a beach law for driving drunk on beach?....

Actually, the beach is considered a highway with speed limit of 25 mph. The same laws apply.

The only difference is that when you drive on the beach, you are taking a risk to do so as if you get caught in high tide or get stuck, you have to pay the towing fee and that isn't fun. Plus other things to consider as well.

Of course, that is whole different topic...... :)

Man! That is VERY WRONG!!! That is the worst example to pass down on your own kids.. because Washington State lets that happen... Pretty damn stupid!

I don't understand the bad examples these states are inflicting alcohol usage by minors, in the first place... That is bullshit... Pardon my french....

Well I raise with my parents who love to sit down on the couch and watch the movies and a glass of wine, or having a glass of wine during eating the dinner, or even having a special alcohol drink (like a egg nog with a rum) during the celebrate such like Christmas, I learn from my parents about drinking alcohol mostly than I learn from other friends who drink the alcohol. My parents sometimes ask me if I want some of wine or any beverage with alcohol included, I tend to not have much of problem about drinking with my parents.

The law doesn't mean that children have right to drink whatever they want to, the law mean that only parents can have choice to share the alcohol with the children or not, the law doesn't give the children any choices to drink the alcohol.

I'd rather to see the children, especially the teenagers, to learn about the alcohol through parents instead of other friends who lead the teenager to do something illegal and learn the wrong way about drinking the alcohol. I have some of friends who raise with parents who refuse to share the alcohol with my friends and they ended up as fear of alcohol because they learn the wrong way about drinking the alcohol through elsewhere such like those who are alcoholism. It's kinda sad because I can't really drink the alcohol with them because they think me drinking the alcohol just like others who have problem with the alcohol, even though I was drinking it moderately.

I can understand it being morally wrong in the state of Alabama but it's a little different in Washington State due to the historical significance of this law.

Afterall Washington state was settled by Scandinvians. :)

Really? I didn't know that! That's cool anyway :D

Oh Pul-lease!!!! I ain't no lawyer.... Just the stupid lawmakers, being weak, and passing these ridiculous laws... It's a sorry joke... but to me... I wouldn't tolerate drinking by any kid, until they are 21! It's a damn shame what Washington State is doing.. to their citizens with kids when it come to alcohol!

Shame on us? Okay... We banned the distilled alcohol (like Moon Shine), we are more moderately drinkers around here in Washington, but I guess that's too shame just because parents give a little glass of wine to teenagers?

Damn shame that Washington State is doing what? Not being puritanical like....Alabama, Ohio or some bible-thumping state?

Just because we do things a little different doesn't mean that its right or wrong.

Secondly, I haven't seen you address the issue of an 18 year-old who is enlisted in the military not being able to drink. If they are old enough to die for our country, they are old enough to drink.

I totally agree with you, the armies should have right to drink at the same time they became an solider, it's not fair for them to risk their life without having any right to drink while others can stay in the country safe and enjoy the alcohol.

Didn't anybody tell you that having a driver's license is a privilege... Meaning if you are caught driving drunk... your driving privileges are taken away...

Simply what I am saying is your license is worth more, than drinking and driving...

I have been driving for 25 years... so take that from an experienced driver, who understands the facts that a driver's license is a privilege....

Oh, and one more thing... I damn sure not losing it either!

:gpost:

gmcman1996, I agree everything with Puyo's posts. His way of raise to respect the alochol is exact same as European parents to their children. I'm one of them who allow teenagers to drink alochol in my house. ;) I beleive to expose my children to respect the alochol, not learn from somebody who thinks alochol is the fun. If I am too close mind and neglect to teach my children to respect alochol then they will end to learn from someone who think alochol is the fun.

Well I raise with my parents who love to sit down on the couch and watch the movies and a glass of wine, or having a glass of wine during eating the dinner, or even having a special alcohol drink (like a egg nog with a rum) during the celebrate such like Christmas, I learn from my parents about drinking alcohol mostly than I learn from other friends who drink the alcohol. My parents sometimes ask me if I want some of wine or any beverage with alcohol included, I tend to not have much of problem about drinking with my parents.

The law doesn't mean that children have right to drink whatever they want to, the law mean that only parents can have choice to share the alcohol with the children or not, the law doesn't give the children any choices to drink the alcohol.

I'd rather to see the children, especially the teenagers, to learn about the alcohol through parents instead of other friends who lead the teenager to do something illegal and learn the wrong way about drinking the alcohol. I have some of friends who raise with parents who refuse to share the alcohol with my friends and they ended up as fear of alcohol because they learn the wrong way about drinking the alcohol through elsewhere such like those who are alcoholism. It's kinda sad because I can't really drink the alcohol with them because they think me drinking the alcohol just like others who have problem with the alcohol, even though I was drinking it moderately.

Really? I didn't know that! That's cool anyway :D

Yes it does the same in European's way. It's part of Europe's natural way to expose the children like this.

:gpost:

gmcman1996, I agree everything with Puyo's posts. His way of raise to respect the alochol is exact same as European parents to their children. I'm one of them who allow teenagers to drink alochol in my house. ;) I beleive to expose my children to respect the alochol, not learn from somebody who thinks alochol is the fun. If I am too close mind and neglect to teach my children to respect alochol then they will end to learn from someone who think alochol is the fun.

Yes it does the same in European's way. It's part of Europe's natural way to expose the children like this.

Yupp that's right, my family is fairly strong influenced by European because my grandparents just born and raise in Europe :)

I'm support for lowering the drinking age to 18 or 19, I believe it will help for college students to not crazy over drink in later time and ruin their future plan like delaying to get degree, probably can be reduce of DUI, in my opinion. I had noticed about alot of teens are crazy over drink and they need think at twice since when they are under 18 or 19.

For DUI, if you plan go to restaurant, club or bar then just don't drink so much or just wait an hour when BAC is reduce in their body, also distilled spirit has higher percent of ABV and gonna be careful about how much you can drink with higher ABV.

Distilled spirits is legal to sold at grocery store in our state, same goes to most of southwest states.

That's reason about all states are require 21 years old to purchase the alcohol because of federal law that passed in 1984.
National Minimum Drinking Age Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back