2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

OK update for the Conference semifinals:

Eastern Conference

Boston leads Carolina 1 game to 0 with Game 2 tonite...

Washington leads Pittsburgh 1 game to 0 with Game 2 on Monday (tomorrow)

Western Conference

Chicago and Vancouver are tied 1 game apart, Vancouver won game 1 and Chicago won game 2... Game 3 is on Tuesday night....

Detroit leads Anaheim 1 game to 0 with Game 2 this afternoon today...

Getting interesting with game 7's coming up Ducks and Redwings, and Hurrricanes and Bruins. Fun night of hockey ahead.

Penguins has crushed Washington!

Go Penguins! Wanna see em win another Stanley Cup!

Redwings wins over Ducks, as well as Canes take out Bruins. time for conference finals. Red Wings vs Chicago; and Carolina vs Pittsburgh
(hope this isn't a repost)

Yup! Carolina and bawston had trouble trying to win, Carolina won when there was a minute left in first OT.

Redwings wins over Ducks, as well as Canes take out Bruins. time for conference finals. Red Wings vs Chicago; and Carolina vs Pittsburgh
(hope this isn't a repost)

The Conference Finals have been set... Pittsburgh and Carolina indeed will meet but this is the first time they met in the playoffs... so that gonna be interesting to see the Staals battle each other, Jordan for Pittsburgh ad Eric for Carolina... should be wonderful...

Detroit and Chicago last met in the playoffs back in 1995, in the Western Conference Finals in fact.... so this would be the 16th time the teams met... I gonna root for Chicago to bust Detroit up and go on!!! Go Blackhawks GO!!!

I sure hope the Chicagco Blackhawks can stop Detriot Red Wings that would be AWESOME!!!

Update for this...

Eastern Conference

Pittsburgh leads 1 game to 0 on Carolina with Game 2 scheduled for tomorrow... Could Carolina bounce back or will Pittsburgh put a stranglehold on the series with another win?

Western Conference

Detroit leads 2 games to 0 on Chicago, as Game 2 last night was in overtime and Detroit scored to win the game.. dang.. I wanted Chicago to bounce back for that game.. but dannggggg.. hope Chicago bounce back for Game 3 and 4 later this week... if not that gonna be big trouble...

I know exactly what you mean. If Detriot do get a chance again on the Stanley cup playoffs ugh! I don't even want to dream of that happening. I sure hope the Pitts Penguins can challenge them again and walk out winners :) Go Sid the kid!!!!

That's why you are on my banned list:D

Ok next update...

Western Conference:

Detroit is 1 game away from winning the 2009 Western Conference title and can wrap the series vs Chicago for Game 5 on Wednesday.... unless Chicago roars back I dont think Detroit will let up and get this series extended a lot.... oh boy but what a good seaosn the Blackhawks have had all year.. I'm proud of what Chicago has done after these terrible years in team history...

Eastern Conference:

Pittsburgh can sweep Carolina out of the playoffs and win the Eastern Conference title on Tuesday night with a Game 4 win if the Pens can hang on... Carolina sure looked all crapped out a bit more.. and Pittsburgh's top stars are revving up good for a possible rematch with Detroit... it would be interesting to see how Carolina bounces back or not...

I think Detroit and Pittsburgh will meet again in the Stanley Cup Final for the 2nd year in a row and I do hope Pittsburgh this time will get even and win finally...

I agreed! It is gonna be real interesting game!

Looks much greater chances that Red Wings and Penguins will play again!

Ok next update...

I think Detroit and Pittsburgh will meet again in the Stanley Cup Final for the 2nd year in a row and I do hope Pittsburgh this time will get even and win finally...

Last edited:

I think so too, this time Pitts need to walk out the champs ;)

Go Sid the Kid whoohoo

#87 He can do it!

Back