2-Year-Old Dies After Being Left In Car

Calphool

Reaction score
DES MOINES, Iowa -- A 2-year-old child died Thursday after being left in a hot car in Storm Lake.

Police said 18-year-old Noe Vargas was walking his nephew home when the child wanted to get into his mother's car in the parking lot.

Vargas let his nephew into the car, walked home and forgot about the child.

When the child's mother came looking for her son, Vargas found him dead in the car.

Vargas was arrested and charged with child endangerment causing death.

Temperatures in Storm Lake on Thursday got up to 88 degrees.

2-Year-Old Dies After Being Left In Car - News Story - KCCI Des Moines

So sad... This seems to happen every year. It's usually not intentional either -- someone just forgets where the kid is. It's too bad there's no way to make cars smart enough that if they sense that someone is in the car, the car's not moving, and the inside temperature is above maybe 85 degrees that the doors would open or something. How terrible would you feel if you absentmindedly did something like that? It often happens when people are supposed to take their kid to school or day care, but normally their spouse does it, so they just drive to work and forget.

SAD!!!!!!

That is no fucking excuse that she/he "FORGOT" the child is in the car!!!!!!!! I always DOUBLE check on my kid in the car, NO MATTER WHAT if he was with me or not.

OMG PLEASE!!! How can you forget about a kid even if it's not your own!!!!! That's horrible i feel so bad for his mother knowing it wasn't even her fault but in her car.

OMG PLEASE!!! How can you forget about a kid even if it's not your own!!!!! That's horrible i feel so bad for his mother knowing it wasn't even her fault but in her car.

It happens every year. Some people are absentminded I guess. It only takes 15 or 20 minutes in that kind of heat for a child to suffocate.

Back