2-way Captel?

Gulgothir

Reaction score
Sup, all?

I'm looking at 2 way Captel, and Ive ordered verizon plan for it, and will be awaiting to get the lines installed so then I can use it. The pro's seems to outweigh the cons and I know while there are the constant misspellings by the operator, I find it amusing and always tell the person to repeat themselves. Hearing people do that anyways with other hearing people.

I used to have a 1 way Captel, but since I moved to D.C and need a job, I decided to opt for the 2 way. But I'm curious, has anybody else here have had any experience with the 2 way Captel? What do you think of it? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :wiggle:

I've got it right here in my office. Great stuff. Can take a call and get captions without anyone knowing I'm deaf, and without me having to give me an 800 number to call first. I win!

Of course, a lot of the business I do doesn't make me use the telephone a lot. Wish I could use it more often, it's a pleasure to play with at times. Makes my life so much easier.

That's cool, thanks man. I am definitely eager to get it, and call everybody, let them know its now easy to call me. It definitely seems to have some more benefits than the 1 way.

Only downside is that now my hearing friends can call me to prank me. Gone are the days I can do that to them with immunity. :cry: :mrgreen:

Back