2,000th POST!!!!!

LOL Post-wh@re... Oh I have forgotten that term (there's also attentionwh*re). Used to run across people like that over the years. I remember threads similar to this one in at least one forum- haven't seen any new posts there in over 5 years. Other forum discouraged that practice (I'm not sure why- Head Admin's rule).

I think there's less of it because people drift to FaceBook (or MySpace back in the day) so less time on the forums.

LOL Post-wh@re... Oh I have forgotten that term (there's also attentionwh*re). Used to run across people like that over the years. I remember threads similar to this one in at least one forum- haven't seen any new posts there in over 5 years. Other forum discouraged that practice (I'm not sure why- Head Admin's rule).

I think there's less of it because people drift to FaceBook (or MySpace back in the day) so less time on the forums.
Oh quit talking about me when Im not here

I do remember. I remember when it was called the post-wh*res club :lol: Actually, it still is, I think! Now that I am usually on AD from my iPhone (AD app) rather than the computer, I don't see my post count anymore from my phone, so I totally forget how many posts I have until I get onto a computer again like I am now, at work. (Shhh!!)
That club still exists and I am the owner - so far for the past few years there has not been one new member joining lol. I think we all didn't care on the post count, lol

Probably because we have so many members that don't stay long and don't reach post milestones. As for the rest of us who do stay I think we're so used to it we don't think about it. :)

Also b/c the actual community has SHRUNK big time.... Remember when there were loads of regulars? Now everyone's migrated to FB, and this place is a ghost of its former self.

LOL.... this was ten years ago.................Wow....seeing all the old posters who no longer come here any more!

Also the countdown is on for me. After I hit 15,000 posts I am going to go into deep lurk. I may come out of hiding VERY occasionally, especially if a new parent of a dhh kid joins or if a teen struggling with school posts......but I think this forum is on life support..... I give this place five more years.

Also the countdown is on for me. After I hit 15,000 posts I am going to go into deep lurk. I may come out of hiding VERY occasionally, especially if a new parent of a dhh kid joins or if a teen struggling with school posts......but I think this forum is on life support..... I give this place five more years.
If even that.

Another place I've been a member of for 11-13 years is in about the same position- pretty much life support- the heyday was about 5-10 years ago :(.

Though I think the idea of forums will still lurk for many years to come.

I will probably reach this milestone by end of the year.

Yahoo!!!!! I DID IT!!!! Made it to my two thousandth post here!!!! I hereby dedicate this post to EVERYONE here at Alldeaf! It's the best place in the world and I LOVE it here!

Now Congrats with 14k posts! :)

If even that.

Another place I've been a member of for 11-13 years is in about the same position- pretty much life support- the heyday was about 5-10 years ago :(.

Though I think the idea of forums will still lurk for many years to come.

Yeah, the groups on FB have pretty much taken over the job of forums....

It makes me sad that this place is likely to fade into obscurity. Myself, i'll be on it for awhile

It makes me sad that this place is likely to fade into obscurity. Myself, i'll be on it for awhile

Come on over to Facebook and join the group Deaf and Hard of Hearing! It's a lot more active!
And I'll still be on here....just in deep lurk.

Back