1983 is highest record for GA$

PowerON

Reaction score
How much!? Gas prices shoot past Katrina-level records to new high

Not but two weeks ago, national gas price averages got to the $3 a gallon level, and the question was whether the summer gas peak had happened early or if we were looking at a record-high season for gas prices. Guess which one we can now confirm? If we take a look at the Energy Information Administration's gas price averages going back to 1983, it's clear that this week we're seeing the highest prices on record. Ever. Their average is $3.143 a gallon. The last time prices were close to that level was $3.117 back in September 2005 (right after Hurricane Katrina). The EIA creates their average using all grades of fuel. AAA's current average for regular-grade fuel is $3.103. So, how are we driving smarter now?

source

Well well.. Pacman, I guess you want to blame Regan then, huh?

no one blame on any people. It is only blame at CEO and OPEC members. They are control crude oil per barrel price. Both are real bad greedy. They don't care and who give the fuck whine. <----meaner.

That is what I have been trying to explain this. Nobody seems to believe. I have been watching gas price for over 30 years like Hawk! I know how they goes. Nothing new. The only time that the cycle went off was when Katrina and Rita hit United States, that is what made the gas price history different.

I believe that there will be a day where we would see gas price below 2 dollars a gallon. That is ONLY when Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicles began to roll in.

guy #1 "Gas is so high!"
guy #2 "let's blame Bush!"
guy #1 "yeah! stupid Bush!"
guy #3 "gas in 1983 is highest cost in history"
guy #2 "WTF? GAY! He love Bush! Let's kill him!"
guy #1 "Yeah!!"

To blame any one person for the high cost of gas is pure stupidity. There are too many factors that brings us to this point in time with us all gagging at the cost of gas.

Here are some factors that contribute to this problem here in the states...

1) Car as the main form of transportation. Everybody is at fault here...any of you willing to give up your cars?!? My point exactly...

2) Lack of interest for the most part to develop alternative means of transportation such as buses, light rail, and trains. Besides, how many of you would actually use it?

3) Until recently, no serious attempts to develop alternative fuels and alternative motive power.

4) No national energy plan to tackle the problem head on. It is mostly a hoge poge of ideas and efforts scattered here and there.

5) Too much power is left in the hands of the private sector. If it were really competitive that be one thing...but it is far from that. This is a tough one as the gov't screws things as much as anybody else.

6) Allow the oil producing countries to dictate the terms...

The list goes on and on...no one person could even come remotely close to coming up with such a mess.

Considering inflation changes the picture. The actual cost in 2006 dollars is $6.28.

That means that right now the prices we're paying are near half the prices of what people were paying in 1983. This is all assuming the figure given at the start of this thread is correct.

Source: The Inflation Calculator

Yea, that is what I mean all along.

Considering inflation changes the picture. The actual cost in 2006 dollars is $6.28.

That means that right now the prices we're paying are near half the prices of what people were paying in 1983. This is all assuming the figure given at the start of this thread is correct.

Source: The Inflation Calculator

Actually, blame on Bush..

Here's picture:

Nancy Pelosi on Yahoo! News Photos

Well, he's talking about in 1983.

It's related to 1979 Iran Revolution or 1979 energy crisis, when Reagan isn't in office then I don't blame on him because energy crisis is different story, also haven't solve until mid 80's or late 80's.

Now, I'm blame on Bush about high gas price, that doubled more than in 2001, also blame on CEO, OPEC and others as well.

You got it wrong, I still remember the great oil crisis in 1973! That is when Nixon tried to take over control over prices, it got uglier! After that, president never touch oil companies, lesson already learned.

Well, he's talking about in 1983.

It's related to 1979 Iran Revolution or 1979 energy crisis, when Reagan isn't in office then I don't blame on him because energy crisis is different story, also haven't solve until mid 80's or late 80's.

Now, I'm blame on Bush about high gas price, that doubled more than in 2001, also blame on CEO, OPEC and others as well.

That is nothing comparing to 1973

Ugh... The high gas cost in 1983 is associated with 1979 oil crisis but 1973 oil crisis is just other one but had been solved before happen again in 1979 when Iran got screwed up.

If you look at why there is oil crisis in 1973, and if you do check at other oil crisises, most of them have something in common.

You blamed Bush, Bush wasn't even in 1973, 1978, and so on. It is because these middle east wants Israel OUT of the planet, period. They were mad at United States for supporting Israel all the way.

I know, it's not related to high gas price in 1983.

If you look at why there is oil crisis in 1973, and if you do check at other oil crisises, most of them have something in common.

You blamed Bush, Bush wasn't even in 1973, 1978, and so on. It is because these middle east wants Israel OUT of the planet, period. They were mad at United States for supporting Israel all the way.

Excuse me, You misunderstood about my post.

I'm talking about Bush that's blamed in after 2004 when gas price is risen.

Not in 1973, 1979 and 1983...

How can it be Bush? Bush got nothing to do with this. This is just an excuse for blaming on Bush.

Going to wait another 20 years from now then we can talk about it because you are going to understand better later on. I have been around longer than you, and usually the presidents are the easiest target for the blame game. Again, The president really have no power over oil price at all.

Excuse me, You misunderstood about my post.

I'm talking about Bush that's blamed in after 2004 when gas price is risen.

Not in 1973, 1979 and 1983...

Back