1962 cost of living

My daughter and granddaughter came over and we went out for ice cream , I had none , but there was an old sign up from the 50's saying cones where 10¢ I paid $4. 50 for my granddaughter cone which was a small one. The cone was a lot smaller and the ice cream was not packed into the cone like it was when I a kid.

quality you right that what been left behind in 50' 60's

10406558_781548158543135_2691847593521932560_n.jpg

wow, that was pretty cheap and now living expensive. :2c:

Wow. One pound of hamburger, one loaf of bread, and a dozen of eggs totalled only a cent. :shock:

I was watching 'Leave it to Beaver ' the show from the '60's and they had a show that had Wally taking a girl out to eat , and a bowl of soup was 80 ¢ and coffee was 40 ¢ The whole bill came to $12.00 for two people . A cup of soup cost about $4.00 some places today.

I went to my first and only never again IHoP here in Alaska and paid just under 4 bucks for a cup of coffee and along with the skimpy meal I managed to get out of there for just under 20 bucks. It hurt me but I took it and staggered out to vent my real pain alone in the truck. We are being hosed to death now in the US and from what I see the way most are complaining is by supporting it.

Back