16 year old father charged

what a mess!! poor baby and he's too young to be treated as adult!

Please next time copy and paste the news on it along with the link. Sometimes when the link cannot get work cuz of the date.

POOR BABY!!! :( Hope she'll have a speedy recovery!

Baby Suffers 23 Rib Fractures In Child Abuse Case
16-Year-Old Father Charged As An Adult

PHOENIX -- A 16-year-old boy has been charged as an adult in a severe child abuse case that saw his three-week-old daughter suffer 23 rib fractures, sheriff's detectives say.

Carlos Verdugo of Guadalupe was arrested and booked into the juvenile detention center on three counts of child abuse, each a class 4 felony charge.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office investigation was launched after medical staff at Phoenix Children's Hospital reported the injuries.
Click here to find out more!

In addition to the rib fractures, the baby suffered a fractured collar bone and a fractured skull, sheriff's deputies said.

During initial questioning, deputies said Verdugo told them that he may have caused the fractured ribs while he was burping her.

Later, when questioned about the full nature of the infant's injuries, Verdugo gave several inconsistent accounts about what caused the them, sheriff's detectives said.

Verdugo finally admitted that in frustration he squeezed his daughter on two separate occasions because she would not stop crying, according to deputies.

Verdugo also said that on one occasion, while he was holding her, she fell forward and struck a brick wall with her head, deputies said.

Until questioned, Verdugo never disclosed her injuries or how they were caused, sheriff's detectives said.

The baby was born on July 22. The newborn remains hospitalized in the wake of her injuries, but her life is not in danger, the sheriff's office said.

Verdugo has been remanded into Superior Court.

Terrible... :(

Why he do that? It could be that he is under stress - nobody support him with a baby? :(

I think kids need to learn birth control and how to control their hormones so they don't bring children they are unable to deal with into the world. Where were the parents of this punk?

wow 16 yrs old boy as father ? that young father and abuse the baby 3 weeks old poor the baby :(

I hope the baby to get into heal better :) .. as far yeah the baby is in sore from the ribs that is really sad :(

I think kids need to learn birth control and how to control their hormones so they don't bring children they are unable to deal with into the world. Where were the parents of this punk?

Agreed...I had a friend in high school who had a baby at 16 and when she would visit me, she would leave the baby in the car in 100 degree weather (in Phx)..I flipped out and yelled at her and she was like "The baby is fine." My mom had to report her and I cant remember what happened after that but my friendship with her ended that day. That stuck with me since then..that was the day it hit me that teenagers are not fit to have babies.

Kids need to keep their pants on but who am I to talk since I "did" it as a teenager too. Ugh!

That's why teens NEED to avoid from prenancy and educated about the sex safe!

That's why teens NEED to avoid from pregnancy and educated about the sex safe!

Damn it! We want to avoid from pregnancy for teens! That make me upset!
:(
I wish law would be tougher for outlawing pregnancy for teens under 18! :mad:

That's why teens NEED to avoid from prenancy and educated about the sex safe!

How much more education do they need, PuyoPiyo? These kids already know how to unwrap, unroll and use a condom by the time they're in kindergarten! Shoot, I wasn't anywhere near puberty at that time and here they are learning how to unwrap a condom and removing the air bubbles! :-o

How much more education do they need, PuyoPiyo? These kids already know how to unwrap, unroll and use a condom by the time they're in kindergarten! Shoot, I wasn't anywhere near puberty at that time and here they are learning how to unwrap a condom and removing the air bubbles! :-o

:bowlol:

Back