12 years!!!

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Just wondering if 12 years is too old?

I am 18 years old and this man he is 30, he has just told me he likes me

Hell no, go and find someone else in the similar age as yours. I have a friend who went through hell. She was 16 and he was 30.

Bad idea.

Thanks!!! I have decided not to have a relationship with him

Hello.

Just wondering if 12 years is too old?

I am 18 years old and this man he is 30, he has just told me he likes me

Obvious that man who 30 don't have common sense.. Stays away from him!

Well, what's your point?

When I was in my teenagers/20's, I dated with MANY guys who is in their 30's... I don't have any problems that much unless one of them was very abusive for 5 months and other guy walked out on me. That's all. I want to know why you guys don't think it's good idea to dating with a guy who is in 30's?

Well, my ex was 18 years older than me when I was married to him.

I would prefer someone closer to my age. The further away the age, the difference in maturity, lifestyle, hobbies, etc.

Of course, there's always love... but with you being 18 and the other person being 30, that's a pretty big gap for someone your age.

Plus, a guy of 30 would see an 18yo girl as being a big boost to his pride and social status. There's the rare guy who wouldn't actually worry about age and only care about the person he wants to get involved with, but unfortunately the amount of older guys I've seen with younger chicks (especially those under 19yrs old), makes me believe otherwise.

18 and 30 is a pretty big gap.. it would be different if you were 25 and the guy 37 though. The maturity wouldn't be that far apart then.

I'd advise trying to date guys under 25 yrs old, preferably a couple of years older than you. The experience will help as well :P gets you ready for the right man because then you would know what to look for that will suit you.

I would prefer someone closer to my age. The further away the age, the difference in maturity, lifestyle, hobbies, etc.

Of course, there's always love... but with you being 18 and the other person being 30, that's a pretty big gap for someone your age.

Really, it doesn't matter what age a person wants to be with. They divorce in despite of closer to the age - same thing with the gap ages. Only people who were born in 1930's or 1940's will never divorce - maybe, rare.

I agree, too old for you right now. At your age, an older guy will dominate you, tell you what to do, what to wear, how to think, etc. Some guys look for women a lot younger than them because they want to be in charge.

I rather date someone around my age, thank you very much.

no fun 12y older - I like puppy love for a new start if I was young like u.

My mom was 17 and my dad was 30 when they got married. They celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2007. They have good marriage. Age differences doesn't matter, really.

I don't mind dating older women, because they're more wise and fun to date with compares to those common young girls who doesn't know anything about relationship.

You will have a lot of fun by learning the experiences with older guy, but depends on individually. Some old men are just plain ass boring guy, then he's definitely not the one for you. :)

I don't mind dating older women, because they're more wise and fun to date with compares to those common young girls who doesn't know anything about relationship.

You will have a lot of fun by learning the experiences with older guy, but depends on individually. Some old men are just plain ass boring guy, then he's definitely not the one for you. :)
Until... they start using their age as an excuse for having things done their way. :roll:

i'll stay away myself- because no one stays 18 forever, the next fresh 18 year old shows up.....its a cycle all over again

i always been attracted to older men... mostly cuz of their maturity. i had only two ex that was just one year older than me. so i dont see the harm in there HOWEVER... the age of 18.. ur just starting a brand new life... i dont think ur ready to settle down just yet lol. a 30 yrs old guy will want a family, want a home, etc... u will want to go out, go to college, party, gossip, worrying about silly things like what to wear tomorrow or something. i d advise u to wait till ur 21 or even better.. 25 before u decide to date older guys. for now go with ur own age and play...(i pray u know all about safety and dont be stupid when ur out trying new things :) ) be careful always!!!

Back