12-Year-Old Deaf Girl Reported Missing

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
12-Year-Old Deaf Girl Reported Missing - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

A 12-year-old Union City girl who is deaf has been missing since Friday, police said Tuesday.

Sabrina Ramirez was last seen at about 7 a.m. Friday morning and was not at home when her mother returned from work that night, according to police.

Her mother reported that Ramirez' backpack, some clothes and her favorite hair gel were also missing and said the girl has run away in the past, police said.

The mother attempted to send a text message to Ramirez, who usually responds to the messages, but did not immediately receive a reply from the girl.

Ramirez sent text messages to her family Sunday, indicating that she may not be voluntarily missing, but police said there was nothing to substantiate the messages.

Ramirez is deaf in both ears and will not respond to verbal communication. She has recently talked about issues relating to depression, police said.

She is described as a Hispanic girl, 5 feet 1 inch and about 115 pounds. She has green eyes and black hair with red highlights.

Anyone with information regarding Ramirez' whereabouts is asked to call Union City police at (510) 471-1365.

I hope she is ok. Life in the streets isn't going to be easy.

Maybe she found a safe house. :dunno:
I just hope she is safe somewhere.

Yes, hope she is safe. I can't imagine being on my own at 12, even back when it wasn't as bad as it is now.

Missing 12-year-old girl returns home

Missing 12-year-old girl return home - 12/29/08 - San Francisco News - abc7news.com

A 12-year-old Union City girl who went missing more than a week ago returned home on Sunday, police said today.

Sabrina Ramirez, who is deaf, disappeared at about 7 a.m. on Dec. 23 and failed to come home that night, police said.

Her mother reported that Ramirez' backpack, some clothes and her favorite hair gel were missing and said the girl has run away in the past, police said.

The mother sent a text message to Ramirez, who usually responds quickly, but did not immediately receive a reply. Ramirez later text-messaged her family and seemed to indicate she had not left home voluntarily, prompting concern.

However, the girl returned home around 2 p.m. Sunday and police determined she had left by choice, police Sgt. Bob Martin said.

"She returned home on her own yesterday afternoon," Martin said.

Glad she's home in one piece. She totally missed Christmas with her family? I hope she realizes how lucky she is to be home alive and hopefully this is the last time she'll ever think of running away again.

Glad she's home in one piece. She totally missed Christmas with her family? I hope she realizes how lucky she is to be home alive and hopefully this is the last time she'll ever think of running away again.

I agree! I wonder what made her to run away in the first place?? hope her family and her work things out together.

I agree! I wonder what made her to run away in the first place?? hope her family and her work things out together.

They didn't say, but I really think they had a dispute because the mother said Sabrina would respond immediately after her mom text her. This time Sabrina didn't and didn't come home until a week later.

They didn't say, but I really think they had a dispute because the mother said Sabrina would respond immediately after her mom text her. This time Sabrina didn't and didn't come home until a week later.

yea my thoughts exactly. apparently there were some withhelding information in the news. glad she's home.

12-Year-Old Deaf Girl Reported Missing For Second Time In A Week

12-Year-Old Deaf Girl Reported Missing For Second Time In A Week - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

A 12-year-old Union City girl who is deaf and recently went missing was reported missing again Wednesday after last being seen at her home Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Sabrina Ramirez was last seen between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday, police Lt. Jim Bizieff said. She has not been in contact with her family, he said.

Ramirez is deaf in both ears and will not respond to verbal communication. She has recently talked about issues relating to depression and last went missing for a few days before returning home on her own Sunday afternoon, police said.

Bizieff said police believe the girl is returning somewhere during the periods she is missing.

"It is against the law to harbor a juvenile or keep her from her parents," Bizieff said. "It may be they don't know she is a reported runaway, but if they know she is a runaway and they are letting her stay they are committing a crime."

She is described as a Hispanic girl, 5 feet 1 inch and about 115 pounds. She has green eyes and black hair with red highlights.

Anyone with information regarding Ramirez' whereabouts is asked to call Union City police at (510) 471-1365.

Who is letting her stay is commiting a crime. That's good. Hopefully someone realized they're in trouble, better take her to a police station asap.

This child is in danger. She needs some help. Let's hope she gets some before it is too late. She is endangered to be out there at her age...no matter who is harboring her.

could be she is running from abuse (physical, sexual, mental, etc). Was the father and/or mother interviewed by the detectives?
Hispanic families are always stressed out. I know some deaf Hispanics who are shunned and oscratized (sp?) from their family because their disability bring them shame and dishonor. crimes often included controversial topics and cultural differences.

i hope she come home soon! having a family very special. i hope she be happy with her family!

Back