11 features that vehicles no longer have….

Many new vehicles don't have spare tires at all. Removed to save weight and money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Why you dont ask dealer to find it out?

Mine car is 3 months old and it come with spare tires.

With tire monitor systems, the vehicles may not need spare tires. I recall the 2004ish Cadillac XLR doesn't carry a spare tire.

With tire monitor systems, the vehicles may not need spare tires. I recall the 2004ish Cadillac XLR doesn't carry a spare tire.

that's because sport car like Cadillac XLR, BMW M3, Audi TT, etc. does not have a space for a spare tire.

That is interesting thing about spare tire. I figure that people who can afford insurance on sport vehicles can afford tow in case their tire becomes flat.

Secondly, think of how many miles you drive and how much weight they carry. Would it just be cheaper to just get a tow to tire shop if it gets flat?

I alway carry spare tire, but I'm trying to see it from other people's perspective.

That is interesting thing about spare tire. I figure that people who can afford insurance on sport vehicles can afford tow in case their tire becomes flat.

Secondly, think of how many miles you drive and how much weight they carry. Would it just be cheaper to just get a tow to tire shop if it gets flat?

I alway carry spare tire, but I'm trying to see it from other people's perspective.

If your car stops on the desert highway with flat tire and no spare tire, need to tow long way to the shop. Pretty expensive towing billing....

If your car stops on the desert highway with flat tire and no spare tire, need to tow long way to the shop. Pretty expensive towing billing....
true but if you have something like AAA it may not be as expensive.

that doesn't look like "many new vehicles" to me. Many new vehicles do still come with spare tires.
But that is a lot of cars, and some of the most popular ones. I think the idea is that this is the start of a new trend, and more and more cars will come without a spare. In the city that may be okay (you can call a tow truck). In rural areas, it's not such a good idea (speaking from experience)...

foot plate on car door and doors open opposite way.always wonder why that changed

I prefer full-size spare tires. We rotate our spares with the other four tires.

true but if you have something like AAA it may not be as expensive.

Wait a minute, AAA pay first 10 miles (I think), your car is towing about 100 miles or more maybe 200 miles one way. Tow driver charge a motorist $3 to $6 dollars per mile. Not cheap....

that's because sport car like Cadillac XLR, BMW M3, Audi TT, etc. does not have a space for a spare tire.

Because businesspeople don't want to get their hands or suit to dirty or too dumb to use change.

I was LOL when I saw the warning picture label from Mercedes-Benz Sprinter said "No business's tie near engine" remind me of shredder's warning label.

Easy work on the spare tire for rotating tires is the spare tire is mounting on the rear of the tailgate like Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV-4, Isuzu Trooper, Jeep Wrangler etc...

She and her husband own Jeep commander and Jeep cherokee. So no spare tire mounted on the rear of vehicle.

Have you tried rotating tires for semi-trucks before? Whew. I got sweat so easy from that.

Back in old day my dad used to have 1970's Ford Squire station wagon. The rear trunk door opens two ways, by way of turning lever. If turn lever downward, it'll open rear door sideway, if twist lever upward, it open rear door downward like a pickup truck bed door.

I missed the most was 4 extra seat on very back of station wagon. normally you would see front, mid and rear bench seat which holds 15 people (5 normal people) plus far back of station wagon, you pull carpet off and it reveals double door that you can lift and volia, 4 more seats so basically Station wagon holds 19 people total. It was pretty much like mini schoolbus.

Squire Stationwagon had built in rear air shock that you can inflate or deflate it by air nipple bolted on chrome bumper

On 70's Chevrolet Station wagon. It did not have feature like Ford does, but its biggest feature is motorized rear door. if you turn key clockwise, you basically roll down the power window but if you continue, it'll roll down the door to bottom.

I missed the most of all was my 1967 Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck was 3 speeds column shifter, thus not worrying slamming stick shift on someone's groin who sits on bench seat with me. My truck can hold 5 peoples including driver.

About Horn ring on steering wheel, 1967 Mustang, 1965 Chevrolet Impala, and 1967 Chrystler car (I don't remember it but it was black ) have half circle metal ring that connects to both steering wheel support. You simply need thumb to press anywhere on half circle ring to beep the horn. The bad part is that if you hit horn on ring with hand, it'll breaks off. I can understand why they discontinued having this.

Parts Interchangeable on old cars such as you can swap Cheverolet V8 engine cylinder head such as 305 block with 305 head, you can swap 305 head for 350 head for more power without enlarging cylinder. MY friend sold me engine that he rebuilt for 1977 Camaro and I use it on 1967 Chevy, 3 speed tranny fits perfect and I noticed much more power than original 283 small block. 305 block with 350 head indeed made a huge difference. And any of electricial parts such as GM parts and it is interchangeable to AMC parts and sometime Ford parts can fit Cheverolet or AMC. I recalled getting parts at auto parts and it fits my 1969 Jeep and 1967 Cheverolet. Save lot of money and pain to look for OEM parts.

Catty

:wave: I'm in DR (Dominica Republic) for a week. I've driven top to bottom and back and then some. Looks like they do still have ashtrays, control knobs, audible turn signals, and full-size spare tires (I think).

Back