10 Things You Should Never Say to a Deaf Person

Wow, couldn't get anymore on point than that stuff right there... :laugh2: It's like I'm re-living every day! :laugh2:

I love it.

usually people are trying to be nice when they say "you speak so well" but I REALLY wish I could say back "well, I am deaf, not stupid"...

Fuzzy

I get this way too much too, but this is not as much as me talking about turbocharged vehicles. This can stick around.

Deaf person (trying to hook up hearing girl): ello! my nam ish Sott
Hearing girl: Oh..hi! My name is Sandy and nice to meet you! Are you deaf?
D: Me? Es! I'm deab, wi uuu as me ib I'm deab?
H: (speaking slowly) Because You speak very well for being deaf! Wow!

I don't have time to look for it now but wasn't there an earlier thread about this?

I don't have time to look for it now but wasn't there an earlier thread about this?

I just recently found this on facebook and I wasn't aware there was another thread.... I think it's been dead a long time ago? Oh well. :dunno2:

Deaf person (trying to hook up hearing girl): ello! my nam ish Sott
Hearing girl: Oh..hi! My name is Sandy and nice to meet you! Are you deaf?
D: Me? Es! I'm deab, wi uuu as me ib I'm deab?
H: (speaking slowly) Because You speak very well for being deaf! Wow!

:laugh2:......wut?

"Eww what's that in your ear?!"
"A hearing aid?"
" ARE YOU A ROBOT?! CAN YOU READ THOUGHTS AND LIPS?!"
"Yes... I'm with a secret agent and we have secret conferences that you don't know about."

"Eww what's that in your ear?!"
"A hearing aid?"
" ARE YOU A ROBOT?! CAN YOU READ THOUGHTS AND LIPS?!"
"Yes... I'm with a secret agent and we have secret conferences that you don't know about."

I had that happen . I had a DR. that has an accent and I was having trouble understanding him so he lean over and talk right into my HA as it was telephone so something. I was like WTF!! How could a Dr. do something so dumb.

#'s 9 and 10 have happened a lot to me over the years. I've always passed it off as ignorance on their part. If I could add one to that list it would be when a person who obviously hadn't had much interaction with a deaf person before talks really slow and over-enunciates. That really gets my blood boiling and I quickly correct them on that. I never mean to embarrass that person but at the same time, don't treat me like an idiot.

Back