10 Things Only People From The Carolinas Understand

You're making us hungry... :P

Had a hankering for banana pudding so I made me one today and had some of it for dessert after a supper of pulled pork BBQ with Mac & Cheese :D Best banana pudding I've had since the last time I made it :naughty:
attachment.php

I don't think I have tried grits. Does it taste like mashed potatoes?

nope. not even close.

more like... rice porridge but more gritty. it doesn't really have any flavor. I guess I grew fond of it when I used to live in Virginia... the very southern part in middle of nowhere :lol:

No. A little bit like creamed corn.

It's popular to add stuff to the grits, like gravy, or cheese, butter or shrimp (or a combination of stuff).

The creamier, the better.

Grits, tea AND banana pudding are disgusting.... because bananas are gross.... :ugh: Chocolate pudding or vanilla pudding is delicious though! Rice pudding is disgusting.... :barf: The texture.... THE TEXTURE!!! Like you're eating little insects in your pudding... :barf: :ugh: The taste isn't very good, either.... :ugh: Lemonade is tasty though! :D

Then I guess you would hate tapioca pudding too. I think lemonade is disgusting there is way too much sugar in it. I love ice cold water or ice coffee .

boiled-lobster-dinner-with-clams-and-corn-david-smith.jpg

A traditional New England dinner Does anyone like Indian pudding ? I do
I'm from Connecticut--what do you think I like? ;)

We're going up to CT in August for my family reunion. One specialty they serve is clam chowder ("chowda'") made from scratch from a very old family recipe. (I think it includes the sand. :lol: ) We'll also go to a lobster place for lobster in the raw (meaning no frills, outdoors along the water). Another favorite is Greek pizza at a mom-and-pop pizza place, and authentic CT grinders. :drool:

We're going up to CT in August for my family reunion. One specialty they serve is clam chowder ("chowda'") made from scratch from a very old family recipe. (I think it includes the sand. :lol: ) We'll also go to a lobster place for lobster in the raw (meaning no frills, outdoors along the water). Another favorite is Greek pizza at a mom-and-pop pizza place, and authentic CT grinders. :drool:

Don't forget the pig on a spit in the hole near the backyard or the lobster roll lunches.

Have fun at your family reunion. The only time my family got together was on my mother's birthdays , mom was the glue that held us together.

Been a while since I've had a clam chowder... really good soup! :)

I think I was born in the wrong state, I love clam and lobster chowder! :P

Had shrimp and grits at the Waters Edge restaurant on Shem Creek today. (It was the annual meet-and-greet for our area Patriot Guard Riders.) Very tasty food, and the ambience was nice. We sat out on the covered porch. Afterwards, we walked on the deck and looked at the boats, pelicans, and dolphins. The dolphins were so cute! It was two adults and two calves. One calf was with each adult, like Mini-Me's, and they would leap out of the water together. I love watching the babies! :)

We rode the trike. Typical SC weather was hot, so I packed a bag of ice into my bike jacket to keep cool. :lol:

Had shrimp and grits at the Waters Edge restaurant on Shem Creek today. (It was the annual meet-and-greet for our area Patriot Guard Riders.) Very tasty food, and the ambience was nice. We sat out on the covered porch. Afterwards, we walked on the deck and looked at the boats, pelicans, and dolphins. The dolphins were so cute! It was two adults and two calves. One calf was with each adult, like Mini-Me's, and they would leap out of the water together. I love watching the babies! :)

We rode the trike. Typical SC weather was hot, so I packed a bag of ice into my bike jacket to keep cool. :lol:

You where a cool chick !

I hate all sea food. I wish I liked it because there is a huge variety. My poor hubby can't even eat it around me, makes me nauseous.

I hate all sea food. I wish I liked it because there is a huge variety. My poor hubby can't even eat it around me, makes me nauseous.

Oh my!....seafood is somewhat ugly...but taste so good!....Love most all of it except for Crawfish...uggg....

Back