10 Sports Franchises Most Likely To Move

MaxUFC

Reaction score
The 10 Sports Franchises Most Likely To Move - Yahoo! Sports

Of course on NHL teams...I would like see them to return to Winnipeg and Quebec.

Oh boy on Bills, Vikings and 49ers....49ers would be fit in Los Angeles to piss Raiders's owner Davis off :D. Vikings would go to Las Vegas. Bills end up in Toronto or New Jersey.

New Orlean Hornets? Come on...they are much young talent team, Hornets fans. Be there like your support Saints.

Tampa Bay and Florida? Oldtime baseball senior citzens disappeared down there then end up in Las Vegas and team may fit there.

What I see : today pro teams are about business as if not care about loyal people. That what America's business about. That sucks.

Good thing, I lives in between Boston and New York where pro teams would be impossible to move out from these cities. Islanders will be going...my Bruins could go too if fans keep refuse to attend games where they wants to remove Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs (our worstest owner in all pro sports).

Last thing, we don't need more expansion teams but relocated teams will be fine like Arena Football League's relocated teams.

HELL NO on 49ers move to LA!!

49ers stick to Candlestick Park!!! NO FUCKING WAY for them to move out. only in Bay Area, thats it.

As for sports team relocation and etc..yeah I already know about some overturns for some Southern NHL teams to move up north to Canada and etc.. Winnipeg and Quebec City as well as Hamilton would be ideal... I know that Winnipeg has a new arena as I have been there a few times but recently before a Phoenix Coyotes/Calgary Flames exhibition game back in September this year, Wayne Gretzky said it would be nice to see Winnipeg back in the NHL but there a problem.... fininical support from businesses are not enough here in Winnipeg as well as I think, Quebec City... a NHL franchise cannot depend on only fans to support the team well enough and has to have top businesses help support the team, simple enough....

For NFL teams.. I heard Minnesota Vikings, SF 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars... I do know the Vikings been trying to get a new football stadium built but it might not happen so the Vikings could relocate to say, Los Angeles... LA could be a popular place for teams to move, etc.. Buffalo could lose the Bills to Toronto if the Bills owner Ralph Wilson passes on and his family is not interested in keeping the team there in Buffalo for a long time.. so it a possibility....

NBA teams.. only the NO Hornets are rumored to go somewhere.. maybe Kansas City as they have a new arena there.. not only NO is rumored to move, Sacramento Kings might move as well.. either to KC or Las Vegas...

MLB teams.. ahh how we have seen some teams threaten to move to Florida years ago, such as San Francisco Giants, Chicago White Sox and others.. now rumors has it Florida Marlins could move somewhere but a new baseball staduim that was to be built might keep them there.. and the Tampa Bay Rays are doing well now this year and could win the World Series in a big surprise... TB in the past years have been rumored to either move or fold...

That's how I keep my eyes peeled on any article that mentions something about team relocation and go see what info is there and what would be talked about in other sports forums where some of them I am a member of...

The most important thing to keep the teams stay in cities is a thriving and economy .

Moving the Buffalo Bills to Toronto is the best option for a few reasons:

1) The economy in western New York especially Buffalo has been down for several years.

2) The majority of Bills fans come from southern Ontario and that is why the Bills are still there with their support.

3) Toronto is the fourth largest TV market in North America. That is why the NFL is so interested to see a team in Toronto since the NFL loves large TV markets.

4) The economy in Toronto is much stronger and healthier than in Buffalo.

5) Toronto has more billionaires and many multi-millionaires who can get together to buy the Bills from Ralph Wilson. They will build a new football-only stadium in south of Toronto and the ideal location IMHO is Oakville. Oakville is within one hour driving range of Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo so it is a perfect location with a very good public transit (Go Go buses and trains) system.

The Florida Marlins have a very greedy and cheapskate owner named Jeffrey Loria and he has keep their team salary as low as possible. It would be better if he sells it to another person with very deep pockets and a strong commitment to help and keep the Marlins in Miami.

Count Quebec City out cuz they still have an antiquated hockey arena where the old Nordiques played. And there is lack of corporate support there as well.

Winnipeg has a new NHL-size stadium but they lack two things: corporate support and luxury boxes (too low numbers for NHL).

Remember the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton? They have met all requirements of hosting a team except lack of luxury boxes.

The Nashville Predators should be moved to southern Ontario once Jim Balsillie buys it from a group of co-owners.

NHL have screwed it up big time when the owners approved the sale of Predators to the group of co-owners especially William "Boots" Del Biaggio III who has filed a bankruptcy this year. NHL has a financial and credit analysis unit that helps them determine whether the owner(s) has enough cashes and assets in order to purchase a NHL team and they failed to do so.

The most improtant thing is to make sure that the cities are in a very viable and economic sports market so they can have pro team. Also it is important to look at income and property taxes whether or not the pro teams and players are required to pay.

The most important thing to keep the teams stay in cities is a thriving and economy .

Moving the Buffalo Bills to Toronto is the best option for a few reasons:

1) The economy in western New York especially Buffalo has been down for several years.

2) The majority of Bills fans come from southern Ontario and that is why the Bills are still there with their support.

3) Toronto is the fourth largest TV market in North America. That is why the NFL is so interested to see a team in Toronto since the NFL loves large TV markets.

4) The economy in Toronto is much stronger and healthier than in Buffalo.

5) Toronto has more billionaires and many multi-millionaires who can get together to buy the Bills from Ralph Wilson. They will build a new football-only stadium in south of Toronto and the ideal location IMHO is Oakville. Oakville is within one hour driving range of Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo so it is a perfect location with a very good public transit (Go Go buses and trains) system.

Well ya do provide some good points..but one big problem... the Canadian Football League!!! The CFL want no part of the NFL invading Toronto and it would likely kill both the CFL and the Toronto Argonauts if the NFL and the Buffalo Bills move there.. so the CFL will do anything to block that move attempt... I aint interested in seeing the NFL get into Canada via Toronto and then kill off the CFL.. that would be disasterous....

The Florida Marlins have a very greedy and cheapskate owner named Jeffrey Loria and he has keep their team salary as low as possible. It would be better if he sells it to another person with very deep pockets and a strong commitment to help and keep the Marlins in Miami.

Yeah that idiot also owned the old Montreal Expos (now the Washington Nationals) and screwed everything up there and if that was the case, Montreal would have been able to keep the Expos there in a new baseball stadium to replace the Olympic Stadium.....simple enough, Jeff needs to be kicked out period and someone else can manage the Marlins properly...

Count Quebec City out cuz they still have an antiquated hockey arena where the old Nordiques played. And there is lack of corporate support there as well.

Winnipeg has a new NHL-size stadium but they lack two things: corporate support and luxury boxes (too low numbers for NHL).

Remember the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton? They have met all requirements of hosting a team except lack of luxury boxes.

The Nashville Predators should be moved to southern Ontario once Jim Balsillie buys it from a group of co-owners.

NHL have screwed it up big time when the owners approved the sale of Predators to the group of co-owners especially William "Boots" Del Biaggio III who has filed a bankruptcy this year. NHL has a financial and credit analysis unit that helps them determine whether the owner(s) has enough cashes and assets in order to purchase a NHL team and they failed to do so.

The most improtant thing is to make sure that the cities are in a very viable and economic sports market so they can have pro team. Also it is important to look at income and property taxes whether or not the pro teams and players are required to pay.

I know there is a slim chance of Quebec City coming back to the NHL.. but it would be lovely to see that happen (althought it is wishful thoughts at best) and yes Winnipeg do not have enough coporate support as well for QC too for any NHL franchise to be viable and able to compete well in the NHL... there is a website which touts the NHL returning to Quebec City as well as Hartford too.. and same for Winnipeg (I have seen the bring back the Jets website and think it a bit odd but interesting)...

I heard the current ownership group for the Predators are trying to solve this issue and as for Boots Del Biaggio, he is an jackass and really stupid enough to try to get money to buy the team when he even is owing a lot of money to someone else... geez.. Jim Balsillie would be ideal for being owner but he shot himself in the foot by making fast plans for the so called Hamilton Predators and getting ticket lists up and etc before he was gonna buy the Preds!! So if Jim wanna buy and move the Preds he better be smart about it or the NHL will reject him a 2nd time.....

I am satisfied with the American Hockey League Manitoba Moose here in Winnipeg and am supporting the team via cheering on tv or checking scores online and reading articles about the team as much as I can... and I have been to Moose games about 3 times in the MTS Centre (very beautiful building for sure) and would love to go back there for a few games this season and will see how it goes.... if the NHL ever return to Winnipeg in a good climate, then it would be wonderful but the AHL Moose will do for me for now....

The 10 Sports Franchises Most Likely To Move - Yahoo! Sports

Of course on NHL teams...I would like see them to return to Winnipeg and Quebec.

Oh boy on Bills, Vikings and 49ers....49ers would be fit in Los Angeles to piss Raiders's owner Davis off :D. Vikings would go to Las Vegas. Bills end up in Toronto or New Jersey.

New Orlean Hornets? Come on...they are much young talent team, Hornets fans. Be there like your support Saints.

Tampa Bay and Florida? Oldtime baseball senior citzens disappeared down there then end up in Las Vegas and team may fit there.

What I see : today pro teams are about business as if not care about loyal people. That what America's business about. That sucks.

Good thing, I lives in between Boston and New York where pro teams would be impossible to move out from these cities. Islanders will be going...my Bruins could go too if fans keep refuse to attend games where they wants to remove Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs (our worstest owner in all pro sports).

Last thing, we don't need more expansion teams but relocated teams will be fine like Arena Football League's relocated teams.

New Orleans VooDoo folded which its good thing

As for sports team relocation and etc..yeah I already know about some overturns for some Southern NHL teams to move up north to Canada and etc.. Winnipeg and Quebec City as well as Hamilton would be ideal... I know that Winnipeg has a new arena as I have been there a few times but recently before a Phoenix Coyotes/Calgary Flames exhibition game back in September this year, Wayne Gretzky said it would be nice to see Winnipeg back in the NHL but there a problem.... fininical support from businesses are not enough here in Winnipeg as well as I think, Quebec City... a NHL franchise cannot depend on only fans to support the team well enough and has to have top businesses help support the team, simple enough....

For NFL teams.. I heard Minnesota Vikings, SF 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars... I do know the Vikings been trying to get a new football stadium built but it might not happen so the Vikings could relocate to say, Los Angeles... LA could be a popular place for teams to move, etc.. Buffalo could lose the Bills to Toronto if the Bills owner Ralph Wilson passes on and his family is not interested in keeping the team there in Buffalo for a long time.. so it a possibility....

NBA teams.. only the NO Hornets are rumored to go somewhere.. maybe Kansas City as they have a new arena there.. not only NO is rumored to move, Sacramento Kings might move as well.. either to KC or Las Vegas...

MLB teams.. ahh how we have seen some teams threaten to move to Florida years ago, such as San Francisco Giants, Chicago White Sox and others.. now rumors has it Florida Marlins could move somewhere but a new baseball staduim that was to be built might keep them there.. and the Tampa Bay Rays are doing well now this year and could win the World Series in a big surprise... TB in the past years have been rumored to either move or fold...

That's how I keep my eyes peeled on any article that mentions something about team relocation and go see what info is there and what would be talked about in other sports forums where some of them I am a member of...

Oh yes on Kansas City that built new Sprint Center...it looked nice. It would fit for pro basketball team, not pro hockey team. That basetkball team are good one since they would be Oklahoma Thunder's rival?

Pittsburgh Penguins got near deal with Kansas City before City of Pittsburgh decided to help Penguins out to stay home for next 20 years two years.

True about business questions. Hamilton I forgot about that...yes, good place where great moments on Canada Cup years ago. That would be splited fans between Buffalo and Toronto but shouldn't be problem where there got "Mecca Of Hockey" or "Hockey Borned There" in Toronto. :cool2:

Yes, I remmy Flordia won 1997 World Series then next year they did fire sale to let/trade star players go anywhere. I am not sure if I remmy : fans filed lawsuits against Marlins for what they traded stars away after the fans signed up for season tickets.

Oh yes on Kansas City that built new Sprint Center...it looked nice. It would fit for pro basketball team, not pro hockey team. That basetkball team are good one since they would be Oklahoma Thunder's rival?

Pittsburgh Penguins got near deal with Kansas City before City of Pittsburgh decided to help Penguins out to stay home for next 20 years two years.

Yeah Kansas City, if they got a NBA franchise, could be OK's rivals for years to come.... it would be interesting to see how this go...

As for the Penguins nearly relocated to KC, I do remmy what happened and since Pittsburgh has a new arena that is in the process of being built in time for the 2010-11 NHL season, that would have helped save the Penguins so they wouldn't have left for greener pastures and more...

True about business questions. Hamilton I forgot about that...yes, good place where great moments on Canada Cup years ago. That would be splited fans between Buffalo and Toronto but shouldn't be problem where there got "Mecca Of Hockey" or "Hockey Borned There" in Toronto. :cool2:

Hamilton could have easily had the Nashville Predators if not for Jim's idiot ways and more.. yeah Canada Cup 1987 I do remember Mario Lemieux scoring on a pass from Wayne Gretzky with 1:26 left in 3rd period of Game 3 vs CCCP on tv... that was memorable as well.... and if Hamilton returned to the NHL, that would have brought on a big rivalry with both Toronto and Buffalo...

Yes, I remmy Flordia won 1997 World Series then next year they did fire sale to let/trade star players go anywhere. I am not sure if I remmy : fans filed lawsuits against Marlins for what they traded stars away after the fans signed up for season tickets.

I think that was the case... but not entirely sure.. I will have to dig up some facts somewhere and hopefully get the links to provide the proof if so... yeah the Marlins did the firesale like the old Montrea Expos did years ago to sell stars to other teams when the Expos couldnt afford to keep them all...

Back