10-digit number and WebCaptel confusion. Need some info

rushabh

Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally got the Blackberry Bold set up and running. It is one sweet device and I can already envision it as the be all, end all for all my communication needs.

Right now, one stumbling block I'm encountering is trying to get a 10-digit number for Webcaptel. I did sign up with Hamilton Relay's Hometown number which apparently works only with AIM or GoogleTalk.

Isn't there some kind of 10-digit phone number for Webcaptel? Right now, the only way for anyone to call me via webcaptel is to dial the relay service's 800 number for webcaptel and then giving the CA my Blackberry's phone number. From there, the CA will establish the webcaptel connection.

What I would like is for my own personal webcaptel number that is tied to my Blackberry number.

Let's say that my Blackberry's phone number is (206) 777-8888 and Hamilton/Sprint gives me my own 10-digit number which could be (206) 222-3333

So I give my family and friends the number (206) 222-3333 and when they dial that number, they will get connected to the webcaptel CA who already knows that s/he's supposed to dial my Blackberry at (206) 777-8888 and establish the webcaptel connection from there.

That way, everyone has to remember only one 10-digit number which is (206) 222-3333 and nothing more to get a webcaptel connection with me.

Is this possible at all? How do I do this? Thanks!

rushabh, I was told that WebCapTel is not compatible with the 10-digit number service at this time. Only IP Relay, IM, and VRS will have that ability. You won't be able to use it for WebCapTel yet. It probably won't happen until late next year.

rushabh, I was told that WebCapTel is not compatible with the 10-digit number service at this time. Only IP Relay, IM, and VRS will have that ability. You won't be able to use it for WebCapTel yet. It probably won't happen until late next year.

Dennis,

Thanks for the info. It is disappointing that the 10-digit number service is not compatible with webcaptel at this time. It looks like I will have to go with the Hometown number/Googletalk IP relay till the compatibility issue with the 10-digit number service is resolved.

I would appreciate it if you could post any updates about this issue on this thread. Thanks!

Dennis,

Thanks for the info. It is disappointing that the 10-digit number service is not compatible with webcaptel at this time. It looks like I will have to go with the Hometown number/Googletalk IP relay till the compatibility issue with the 10-digit number service is resolved.

I would appreciate it if you could post any updates about this issue on this thread. Thanks!

not be ready to 10-digital numbers service till December 31.

Is there any update to this info? Does anyone know if Webcaptel will get 10 digit numbers?

Back