1 more new memeber!

teach2u

Reaction score
:cool: Hello from one Very Hard of Hearing individual. Totally Deaf in one ear, since birth. Wish I was totally Deaf. i have a question, why is my receptive American Sign Language not as strong as my expressive ASL? any ideas?
Glad to be a new member.

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf teach2u!! It's very nice having you as part of our forum. You will have a great time meeting all the wonderful members!! Expressive ASL is a lot easier to learn the receptive ASL. By watching and doing what the instructor (or the aspect you're learning from), you can pick up the expressions and signs much easier. But, when you're trying to read another person, don't forget, everyone is different with the way they sign, and it takes time to get used to the other person's habits and ways of expressive ASL. Don't worry, it will come to you easy enough. Just give yourself some time, and do a lot of practicing with another person, that will help a lot!!!! Good luck!!

Welcome to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away!!! :D

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

Thank all of you for welcoming me. It's a real joy to feel a part of your community. I am very hearing-impaired, and would welcome any one who feels the urge to chat.

Back