$1,650 26' HDMI Cable Reviews

You paid $1600 for this cable?

I bought this cable. The captions disappeared!!! True story. I went back to Best Buy and asked about it. They told me that it was a smart HDMI cable. I was surprised about this piece of news so I asked them what they meant by that. They said the cable was smart and could identify that I was a proud Deaf user, so it was swapping out the captions to American Sign Language. They also stated that I did not give it enough time to do it's magic. I did not even believe the news.

Let me start by telling you a bit about the sales person. Let's name him Jack. Jack, who sold this piece of equipment to me, was a worker for my brother at Car Toys where my brother currently manages at. My brother gave me a thumbs up for Jack who works at Best Buy and is a currently an assistant manager there. Jack had no reasons for me to disbelieve him at all.

Daunted, I had to go back home and try the cable again. I hooked it up to my system. I randomly picked the Freddy Got Fingered DVD and slipped it into the Blu-Ray player.

After a few minutes fumbling with the remote I was able to view the movie. It was like nothing else I've seen. All the characters in the movie, even the dead animals, morphed into American Sign Language users! It was also presented in high definition! I had to look outside the window to see reality but only to find that it was Standard Definition compared to the movie. I was absolutely mind blown.

I had to go back to Best Buy and Jack to tell them the news. They were thrilled to hear the news and pointed out the fact I had a wet spot in the groin area. I was that giddy, I guess.

So yeah. This cable is worth twice the every cent on it's price tag. I really recommend it.

BTW:
There was no way in the world that Freddy Got Fingered is rated 4/10 stars. I don't even understand the reviews on this. Completely underrated, imho.

What is smart HDMI cable?

I came across this recently.

AudioQuest - Coffee 26.3' HDMI Cable - White - 65-082-16

In case the link doesn't work, go to the Best Buy website...

Best Buy - Computers, Video Games, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, Phones

In the search box, put in 1267512. It will list you that exact product.

Now, scroll down and read the customer reviews. Hehehe!

We're sorry. We didn't find any matches for "1267512 " in All Categories

Next time, Use screenshot. :roll: Stupid bestbuy website.

I bought this cable. The captions disappeared!!! True story. I went back to Best Buy and asked about it. They told me that it was a smart HDMI cable. I was surprised about this piece of news so I asked them what they meant by that. They said the cable was smart and could identify that I was a proud Deaf user, so it was swapping out the captions to American Sign Language. They also stated that I did not give it enough time to do it's magic. I did not even believe the news.

Let me start by telling you a bit about the sales person. Let's name him Jack. Jack, who sold this piece of equipment to me, was a worker for my brother at Car Toys where my brother currently manages at. My brother gave me a thumbs up for Jack who works at Best Buy and is a currently an assistant manager there. Jack had no reasons for me to disbelieve him at all.

Daunted, I had to go back home and try the cable again. I hooked it up to my system. I randomly picked the Freddy Got Fingered DVD and slipped it into the Blu-Ray player.

After a few minutes fumbling with the remote I was able to view the movie. It was like nothing else I've seen. All the characters in the movie, even the dead animals, morphed into American Sign Language users! It was also presented in high definition! I had to look outside the window to see reality but only to find that it was Standard Definition compared to the movie. I was absolutely mind blown.

I had to go back to Best Buy and Jack to tell them the news. They were thrilled to hear the news and pointed out the fact I had a wet spot in the groin area. I was that giddy, I guess.

So yeah. This cable is worth twice the every cent on it's price tag. I really recommend it.

BTW:
There was no way in the world that Freddy Got Fingered is rated 4/10 stars. I don't even understand the reviews on this. Completely underrated, imho.

:laugh2: That's hilarious! I knew that review was a joke. :)

Ah, that page is gone. Did Best Buy post that joke? :hmm:

I'm very disappointed in BestBuy's customer service.

Last week, my elderly neighbor's iPad went black, and stayed black. So, she took it to the BestBuy where they bought it last Christmas. The Geek took it into the back room for a few minutes. Then, he came out, said he couldn't fix it, and gave them a scrap of paper with the AppleCare 800 number. That's it.

The couple doesn't navigate phone tech menus well, so they decided to go to the downtown Apple store for help. But before they went, I asked her to let me have a look at it. I looked up some iPad troubleshooting info, and tried a couple things. On the third suggestion, it worked. Pah! Her iPad was alive. All I did was hold the Home button, and the On button down for a few seconds, at the same time.

The BestBuy Geek didn't know how to do that?

I'm so glad that I was able to save my neighbors from a nerve-wracking (and expensive) trip downtown.

Last week, my elderly neighbor's iPad went black, and stayed black. So, she took it to the BestBuy where they bought it last Christmas. The Geek took it into the back room for a few minutes. Then, he came out, said he couldn't fix it, and gave them a scrap of paper with the AppleCare 800 number. That's it.

The couple doesn't navigate phone tech menus well, so they decided to go to the downtown Apple store for help. But before they went, I asked her to let me have a look at it. I looked up some iPad troubleshooting info, and tried a couple things. On the third suggestion, it worked. Pah! Her iPad was alive. All I did was hold the Home button, and the On button down for a few seconds, at the same time.

I'm so glad that I was able to save my neighbors from a nerve-wracking (and expensive) trip downtown.

Yep Best Buy's Geek Squad is terrible. I've read so many bad reviews about them. They're useless. A mom and pop computer shop could do lot better than that.

In Canada, we have actual Apple staff working at Best Buy stores.

The most geeks are for PC user only. That's why they don't know nothing about Apple product.

Even the best buy made fun of Apple.

Best Buy yanks ASUS Transformer iPad smack ad - SlashGear

OFC Best buy's website about AD got down.

Yep Best Buy's Geek Squad is terrible. I've read so many bad reviews about them. They're useless. A mom and pop computer shop could do lot better than that.

Yup or private, self-employed computer technicians.

Not surprised

Sometimes they do rip off on cables.

I do not buy cables from Best buy, and you won't believe where I buy cables....

Its from Homer that I bought em.

BTW:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Great sense of humor!!!

Back