Zounds

bbnt

King of all I see
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone no anything about these hearing aids?

My daughters mom wants us to buy her these but
I don't really know anything about them.

Zounds Hearing Aids

From the looks of their ITC, I would stay very far away from this company.

I agree..their itc doesn't look like an itc should, plus rechargeable hearing aids...and u can't control it except by remote which i find slightly weird..i dont think you should buy from zounds...

I agree..their itc doesn't look like an itc should, plus rechargeable hearing aids...and u can't control it except by remote which i find slightly weird..i dont think you should buy from zounds...

Actually Siemens and GN Resound have extremely good rechargable hearing aids. :cool:

........ ew I wouldn't ever want Zounds. I'll stick with Phonaks, thanks.

Does anyone no anything about these hearing aids?

My daughters mom wants us to buy her these but
I don't really know anything about them.

Zounds Hearing Aids

If the possibility of being able to wear these on a trial period, just to see if there is indeed any difference or comparison to any other BTEs, that surely would be a way to go about it. After looking at the several different models, surely these 'odd' looking things at first glance gave me the impression of not really being interested, however, upon further research, the technology marvel just might 'pull' in a few to actually purchase and use. Then again, with this kind of technology marvel, I'm sure others will come about soon which might show more favorable responses in the near future--hmm??

As for your daughter, if you're not wholly sure whether to proceed or not, maybe the best suggestion is to find out if there is such a trial period where she can try it on for a limited time and go from there. Anyhow, good luck with the research and all. ;) (--reason for the likelihood of being able to 'try them for a limited time' is the fact that the earpiece isn't tailored made to 'fit and shaped' for one's ear)

~RR

No, but they look like those mail order ones....plus your daughter's mom missed something............they are MINI-BTEs. Mini BTEs are for mild-moderate or more hoh losses rather then severe/profound "deaf" losses.

I think my husband told me about these one time...from my understanding, they are for people with normal hearing with the purpose of eliminating background noises so hearing people can choose what they want to hear. I am not sure if it is that company or not...

No, but they look like those mail order ones....plus your daughter's mom missed something............they are MINI-BTEs. Mini BTEs are for mild-moderate or more hoh losses rather then severe/profound "deaf" losses.

they are not mail order, they have a store in the mall by us

can someone explain what {itc} is and what they see wrong with this companies itc?

ITC = In the canal so that means the device is inserted in the ear canal.

so what is wrong with there itc?
person with severe or profound hearing loss doesn't benefit from it.

You are better off seeing a audiologist in person and have your daughters tested and the audiologist will tell you which type of HA they can use than go by assumptions.

they are not mail order, they have a store in the mall by us
bbnt, I said they looked like the mail order ones. Also the very fact that they have a store...........sounds like they are more "Beltone/Miricle Ear" style HAs, rather then the kind an audi would reccomend.

If you go to a website or even search ITC hearing aids you will see the difference in the look and it will explain better what we mean by they "look" different. Plus im not sure how old your daughter is but if she is still growing it would be better to go for a bte since all u have to change is the mold in the ear every so often with an in the canal (itc) aid the whole thing would have to be remade which would be really expensive!

In addition to what Alicia mentioned, ITCs generally tend to be more expensive than BTEs.

Some advantages of BTEs include:

* Less repair costs over time due to its larger size compared to ITEs, CICs and ITCs.

* The ability to add more amplification at a later time if one's hearing loss changes

* Being able to use accessories such as direct audio input (DAI) for use with FM systems, iPods, portable CD players, etc.

* Greater comfort and an easier time fitting a variety of earmolds if the fit isn't right instead of requiring the entire ITC aid to be remade.

Back