Youtube me?

Berry

Reaction score
Have a youtube account, and want to do something fun with it, but until now I really haven't come up with anything.

Last night I had a thought. Want to know what everybody here thinks about it.

When I was a kid my mother read Aesop's fables to me. I loved them then and the truth is I still do.

When I look around on the net there is nowhere where these stories are accessible to the signing community. Near as I can tell no one signs them, even for pay. There are hundreds of them around so I shouldn't run out of material any time soon.

Of course being who I am my renditions would be freestyle story telling rather than straight interpretation, with a touch of Keith Wann thrown in -- And of course I would simcom because I don't want to leave out hearies or people who want to learn ASL.

I lead a pretty busy life most of the time so I'm not sure how fast I'd be able to make new ones, but I would like to know what my friends here think of this project?

Hilarious. This is not going to be as easy as I thought.

I know the story by heart. There is no signs I have to look up. All I have to do is tell the story, right?

Halfway through the story I find myself signing "wolf" for "fox" and when I catch myself I change it to the sign for "led around by the nose".

The next one I froze up on and the next one the phone rang...

Good thing I'm not posting directly to youtube. I'll be able to get one I like and then post it.

By then I will probably need a shave and a haircut.

I would love to see as well. I too love all Aesop's fables.

Back