Youth Minister Accused of Indecent Behavior

Awauphi

Reaction score
WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |Youth Minister Accused of Indecent Behavior

Youth Minister Accused of Indecent Behavior

Posted: April 10, 2008 09:00 AM CDT

Updated: April 10, 2008 12:47 PM CDT

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A 31-year-old youth minister arrested Tuesday is the fifth person in five months taken into custody for indecent behavior with a student at the Louisiana School for the Deaf.

Four people were arrested earlier for an inappropriate relationship with a 16-year-old girl.

Police spokesman Cpl. L'Jean McKneely says the investigation in the latest case, which involves a 14-year-old girl, began Oct. 24, when she confessed to her school counselor she was involved in a relationship with Joey Eugene Thomas.

School officials reported the incident to police.

Detectives subpoenaed Thomas cellphone and e-mail records, discovering he had sent the girl many sexually explicit messages.

McKneely says investigators do not believe the pair ever had sex.

Thomas, who is deaf, was arrested after detectives questioned him via a sign-language interpreter.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I have to admit, this is one of those cases that could go either way. Yes, the guy shouldn't have been involved in a relationship with that girl......but neither should the girl have been involved in a relationship with the guy. Some of these cases, you just wanna go "Use your brain!" to the younger one.

I question the validity of this story, as there is no mention of a church, if this man is a "youth minister." It appears that if the news media can't come up with anything better than what they reported, they didn't report squat and they need to get someone to do the job and uncover the truth!

In short, this article said nothing about anyone that someone could have reported if they had somebody get the facts. Instead, they went on weak information. There is no story here.

Maybe that is his job? they didnt put where the church is to keep the church out of newspaper? I dont know.

if you noticed it said that he is the fifth person to be arrested as they did investigated more incidents since oct 24 so the guy is not the only one who got arrested.

I gotta look up more informations on previous incidents.

Oh and I know that the sixteen year old girl case was one of those cases that was .....not Lolita, but more.......*tries to think* Basicly it involved the type of girl who thinks that being sexee is "empowering"

Back