Your Vote Counts...

Should Aquablue become a Deaf Interpreter?

• Yes! (explain your answer)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No. (explain your answer)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Whatever.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaBlue

Reaction score
It is vital that you explian (if you desire) your vote in this case. It will determine the final conclusion once and for all. Thank you.

I voted yes.

I find cool to have Deaf Interpreter. I know one ADer who is also Deaf interpreter as well. I learn from her and find interesting... She live in Hawaii and did not visit here frequently. I do wish she is here to answer your question or give you her feedback...

And and also...if you would please state whether your are deaf/hoh/hearie in your comments. Deaf/hoh words carry more weight (for me) than do those of the hearing simply because it is a Deaf world for which I might enter.

psst. Liebling, AquaBlue isn't deaf, he's hearing. :giggle:

I did not vote, It's not my decision. I'm deaf by the way. ;)

If you do have a voice Cheri, please declare it. It is important Cheri.

:o:Oops::giggle: I thought all the time that he is deaf.... I thought why not to being Deaf Interpreter...

Occchhh I should vote this is his decision...

AquaBlue,

Vote "yes" is my mistake since I know you are hearing for a first time few minutes ago. :o

As you are hearing... I cannot advise you to be interpreter for the Deaf but follow your own heart what you really want or not...

Yes, I am deaf.

I'm not voting, but you might get some confusion as there is the term CDI, "Certified Deaf Interpreter," which means an interpreter who is deaf. Normally "sign language interpreter" serves to indicate that you're working for both deaf and hearing clients.

I see that there is that word Deaf interpreter there. Interpretrator understands there is confusion on the part of that title. Sign language interpreter is a much better title serving with working sign language for the deaf and using the voice for the hearing clients. But that is okay, no one is perfect. To me it is not important to vote because you have to make the decision if you want to become an interpreter and be determine that you are going to become an interpreter in the future after you finish your training in College. My family live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I know there is a interpreting classes for beginners, intermediates and advanced courses at the University of New Mexico campus. I went there to meet some of my old friends. I saw students very interest in learning how to become an interpreters. So it is all up to you to decide if you want to become a interpreter or not. That is your sole decision. You can handle it and you are doing well if you keep working at it. It is not easy to become an interpreter, at least you got to try it and see if that work for you. If you decide that you can not go to University of New Mexico, then try to find an interpreting classes near your home somewhere. I hope you find it and don't give up. We are cheering you on your decision to become a ceritifed sign language interpreter. I am Deaf. Good Luck!!!!!! ;)

Remember that it is not if I want to be an interepter, it is should I be one. That's the difference.

Remember that it is not if I want to be an interepter, it is should I be one. That's the difference.

That is a choice that only you can make. It's not a choice you should make from a poll in a forum. I agree with others that it's best to talk to a VR councler and your docotrs and then make an informed choice.

That is a choice that only you can make. It's not a choice you should make from a poll in a forum. I agree with others that it's best to talk to a VR councler and your docotrs and then make an informed choice.

I do not, and let me make this perfectly clear, desire for you to make a choice for me. Not in the least. All I want to know if I should follow a Terp career with my bipolar condition. That's all. Nothing else. No big life-altering decision here. I just ask for viewpoints, it's that simple. :)

Agreed. I don't see how a bunch of strangers on the internet can make career choices for another stranger. :confused:

That question isn't for me to answer. It is for you to. And those who've intimately been around you long enough to ascertain same. Use your real life support system. Or you can take the journey (classes, mingling, etc) into the profession and let that lead you to the answer.

That question isn't for me to answer. It is for you to. And those who've intimately been around you long enough to ascertain same. Use your real life support system. Or you can take the journey (classes, mingling, etc) into the profession and let that lead you to the answer.

AB ... I agree with Tousi here .... only you and you alone can make career choices.

No one should decide their career goal from a poll of unseen strangers.

Some will encourage you to go for it, while others might say otherwise, but, it's your own heart that can tell you what you're capable of doing, therefore, listen and follow your heart. Best wishes on whatever you do-- ;)

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back