Your Neighborhood

My Neighborhood

I Used to live in a much bigger house but the ppl there were snobby , now that I am alone i moved back to an older area where my husband grew up. It's mixed with ppl who have lived there all their life and young families so ..it is not bad. ppl have been very kind to me..even took up a collection and hired a cleaning company to come in and make everything spotless, for me when I came home from the hospital, I cryed.I also have a really nice inground pool and yes I do let the mom's come over and let the kids swim. i had a really tall privacy fence installed with special locks. Only thing I don't like is there are some older boys i have noticed roaming the streets at night. and Luke my companion for 14 years had to be put down and I miss the safety of knowing ,,no one got past Luke,,laughing I got a new pup..we will see how it goes.. I also own a cabin on Big Savage mountain in Western Maryland, it was supposed to be our retirement home but now i just spend time up there to write and be alone it is very private and has a stream so i can catch dinner if i am lucky , laughing .Peace to all:wave:

I Used to live in a much bigger house but the ppl there were snobby , now that I am alone i moved back to an older area where my husband grew up. It's mixed with ppl who have lived there all their life and young families so ..it is not bad. ppl have been very kind to me..even took up a collection and hired a cleaning company to come in and make everything spotless, for me when I came home from the hospital, I cryed.I also have a really nice inground pool and yes I do let the mom's come over and let the kids swim. i had a really tall privacy fence installed with special locks. Only thing I don't like is there are some older boys i have noticed roaming the streets at night. and Luke my companion for 14 years had to be put down and I miss the safety of knowing ,,no one got past Luke,,laughing I got a new pup..we will see how it goes.. I also own a cabin on Big Savage mountain in Western Maryland, it was supposed to be our retirement home but now i just spend time up there to write and be alone it is very private and has a stream so i can catch dinner if i am lucky , laughing .Peace to all:wave:

I'm suprised I didn't break my neck from all of our pool antics during my teens. Yeah, we even got up on the privacy wall and jumped a distance of 9 feet outward to jump into the pool. Im happy Youtube came out a few years after that "phase" (save me a lot of embarrasment :D)

I like my neighbors and they are very nice and friendly. There are few thing that I have problem with our neighborhood is our road isn't paved before recession started, construction had been stopped but restore to finish to build few houses before they are paving the road, we live on hill and the builders cut all trees down in near backyard so I have to cover the window with thick curtain because I hate sun.

Two neighbors are bestest... :D

One neighbor is not along! He is mental illness and age 50 live with his mom! :roll:

One neighbor is unknown because they are keeping themselves and have four home security of videos surveillance their house! :dunno:

Two neighbors are bestest... :D

One neighbor is not along! He is mental illness and age 50 live with his mom! :roll:

One neighbor is unknown because they are keeping themselves and have four home security of videos surveillance their house! :dunno:

:laugh2:

I like my neighborhood and neighbors. We have nice people here. The homeowners association sometimes is a pain. I am a Board member of a 130 unit common area interest community here. We have a five member Board. Some are busy with work; some just are not interested in their Board position. The management company takes the path of least resistance and will do whatever the most aggressive Board member or two dictate. We have discussed the same trash/dumpster issues for 7 years that never solve the problem. That's biggest complaint we have got! We are still working on it. Grrrrr...
We have a very nice location here, like, restaurants, shopping, gas station, bank, beach (it's 1.5 miles away from ours.. ), and many more, for example... And of course, we have a lot of wild animals here because we have a lot of trees on our property. Two years ago, I took a picture of a hawk in my backyard from my master bedroom's window. So, here it is:

Attachments

• 75791_173339389345348_100000078635364_595768_7265545_n.jpg
    75791_173339389345348_100000078635364_595768_7265545_n.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 59
Good neighhourhood, great for those with dogs. plenty of green tree. fairly quiet area but not a quiet road, get plenty of traffic at peak times. Some neighbours arent the best, especially those living in rentals, bloody bogans and youth fu*ckwits turning up stereos and once or twice a year we'd get complaints about one young hoons doing burn outs on the streets, esp on jap crap rockets like (RX's), just typical boyracers....

other than that, its a pretty good neighbourhood, only worries some have shared with me is that, the housing marketing doesnt favour first time home buyers, which tend to erode in long term as the buyers tends to be 'investors' to sit on 'rentals'.....roll eyes, ironically some of the very same ones moaning says their kids are doing well as they 'owns rentals'...not hard to figure the hypocrites...

I live in a flat.

Bus Link to town centre every 10 mins.

Corner shop open till 10pm every night inc Sundays.

Peace!

Con's is that its nowhere near to a take-away... probs a good thing actually, otherwise I'd be living on that haha!

I live in a 50's ranch style in a post war neighborhood. It was built to accomodate the local army base. The house did belong to my late mother in law. She left it to my oldest son who did not want it. I bought it from him and finished raising the younger children here. It is 1/2 mile to work or the store. I have nice neighbors, even the rent ones. It is bad though because it has a lot of traffic in the front. They are mostly college kids on the cell phones. We do not park in the street because cars get hit a lot. There was a crack or meth house down the block. They were arrested though.

It is old and needs repair, we have had lots of droughts so my yard is not as nice as I would like. It sure makes a nice spot to sit and knit though.

Hopefully when I retire we can move to a town with a deaf community. I would like to move anyway as this is not my favorite place. We moved here to help with my mother in law who had alzheimers and now it seems I am stuck, lucky to have work.

Neighborhood? What neighborhood? Our closest neighbor is my brother and he lives a mile away. Our other neighbor lives only slightly farther away.

The upside is, there's no one else to disturb and no one else disturbs you. Drawback is that you literally have to drive everywhere as there is no public transportation and the closest traffic light is 26 miles from us. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the movie theatre, bowling alley, to go shopping, etc. This is why I would like to move to just north of Russvegas to a wittle town called Dover. Only 10 minutes away from all of this, yet it lies in National Forest Land and your nearest neighbor might be an acre or more away. That would be ideal for me.

Live next to a scammer (he's picture was on the newspapers)
Live next to a musician and damn, I do feel the vibes :(
Live next to the scammer's wife and she loves partying in her house with the door open every weekend
Live in front of a catholic church, every sunday at 7 am... they just love me

And the good ones...

Live near town, 20 mins away walking slow
It's a safe neighborhood :D near the police village (where all the cops live)
Live near a veggie restaurant :D
And friends houses just like volunteering work

PD: There's nothing interesting in town :(

Back