Your National food of your home country

Grummer

Reaction score
Welcome to this National food thread . the idea is whatever country you come from, or born from, consider your duty to display, share what national reciepe/food , something that is well known in that country, as a favourite, or celebrated...

I am from New Zealand we love our Pavlova...
it is crunchy on the outside and soft and slightly chewy on the inside
it is alot like maccroon, but more far more flexiable, you can use strawberry and cream as tocppings (usually it is done that way) others like to use kiwifruit, peaches, berrys , chopped berrys chopped strawberry etc

here are some examples...

see on the inside...soft under the crunchy

so where ever you may come from Japan, or Russia, or South American (which one?).. and so on please share !!

images

Damn Romanians and their Sarmalute in Foi de Vita! ( Stuffed grape leaves ) It's basically a grape leaf, stuffed with rice, ground beef or chicken, onion, bell pepper and seasonings. Pretty sure they're included in every meal other than breakfast by default. You can dip them in sour cream. :P :laugh2:

As for breakfast... crepes... Crepes everywhere... :shock:

Crepes-lo.jpg

Welcome to this National food thread . the idea is whatever country you come from, or born from, consider your duty to display, share what national reciepe/food , something that is well known in that country, as a favourite, or celebrated...

I am from New Zealand we love our Pavlova...
it is crunchy on the outside and soft and slightly chewy on the inside
it is alot like maccroon, but more far more flexiable, you can use strawberry and cream as tocppings (usually it is done that way) others like to use kiwifruit, peaches, berrys , chopped berrys chopped strawberry etc

here are some examples...

see on the inside...soft under the crunchy

so where ever you may come from Japan, or Russia, or South American (which one?).. and so on please share !!

This looks delicious by the way... :shock: :drool:

Oo gosh...i can go on a list....tacos, but the taco bell is not a taco!!! Tortas, pozole, flautas, menudo, mole (its spanish word nit english word!!), enchiladas, chiles rellenos. I may be wrong but i think nachos are mexican. And there is a larger list but those are kind of common once.

In the Lowcountry of South Carolina, you can't go wrong if you use shrimp or grits in a recipe. Shrimp AND grits is a great combination. :drool:

We are also famous for our mustard-based BBQ sauce with pulled pork.

Thanks for starting this thread Grummer. :ty:

Love pulled pork.......btw, had some Portugese sausage the other day for the first time.....I'm sure it is high in sodium and sat fat but can cheat once in a while....

When I visit family in my birth home of Connecticut we have lobster, mussels, steamer clams, fried clam bellies, and homemade clam chowda'. Rhubarb cobbler or fresh peaches for dessert.

I would not know where to start with American food...too many delicious choices.
True. There really is no "American" food (except maybe turkey). It's either state/regional or ethnic or a mix of both.

My family is from Russia and we had Borsch with sour cream and black Russian rye . It was homemade and mom had pink fingers for a few day.
Borsch is a beet soup and it yummy if homemade. Dad loved boiled potatoes with his meals too.

i am told chicken vindaloo is most popular in uk these days,not sure...
was in latvia last year and had their national dish which red peas and bacon very simple but fantastic

True. There really is no "American" food (except maybe turkey). It's either state/regional or ethnic or a mix of both.

I agree that is why said we had Borsch and sour cream is used for a lot of foods in Russia . We also had yogurt that came in a glass jar , it was nothing like the stuff you buy today . It was very tart and most people would not like it today. I wish I could still buy it.

When I visit family in my birth home of Connecticut we have lobster, mussels, steamer clams, fried clam bellies, and homemade clam chowda'. Rhubarb cobbler or fresh peaches for dessert.

Coastal Massachusetts is known for its clams, haddock, and cranberries, and previously cod. Boston is known for, among other things, baked beans bulkie rolls, and various pastries.
Damn this thread is making me hungry and I now want a lobster .

Oo gosh...i can go on a list....tacos, but the taco bell is not a taco!!! Tortas, pozole, flautas, menudo, mole (its spanish word nit english word!!), enchiladas, chiles rellenos. I may be wrong but i think nachos are mexican. And there is a larger list but those are kind of common once.

the whole idea, is send PICs and THEN you can describe...:wave:

My family is from Russia and we had Borsch with sour cream and black Russian rye . It was homemade and mom had pink fingers for a few day.
Borsch is a beet soup and it yummy if homemade. Dad loved boiled potatoes with his meals too.

PICs PLEASE!!

Back