Your kids' first experience?

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Our 3 kids had first experience on a light rail train in Minneapolis and they loved it. 2 of the boys had first time riding on a city bus there. Nathan, 6 yrs old was nervous and thought the bus would be scary after that he liked it. We love to show kids around new places like an adventure.

Last edited:
I used to take my kids on the city bus a lot when they were little. We always had lots of fun. Some of the bus drivers used to carry candy and give a piece to little kids getting on the bus. :)

I used to take my kids on the city bus a lot when they were little. We always had lots of fun. Some of the bus drivers used to carry candy and give a piece to little kids getting on the bus. :)

aww that is sweet. Sad, not same as nowaday.

I've never been on a train, so I don't know what it's like, neither has my DD. :(

It doeant have to be a bus or train. It can be anything your kid has first encounter and how old, you know.

Example, camping, skyscraper, etc

Last edited:
My kids have been on little "kiddie" trains, but nothing more. They had a blast getting to ride a pony at a Heritage Festival when we lived in Missouri. They also got to have a hayride in the Fall and a sled ride in the Winter while in Missouri as well. Those are the "big" things they got to do. Daughter is just too afraid of much and son has never wanted to try.

my parents & my grandparents lots of worth experience history skills lots of impressive!

they are good clever role on parents skills strong advise !

Oh umm...

Tyler's 1st camping when he was about 4 months old. For Z I am not sure. *thinking* about 7 months old.

Tyler had flow on plane, Z hasn't...I have many times.

As for the ride...Tyler was little, not sure age, maybe 7 months old at Knotts Berry Farm...Z hasn't yet, but soon he will! YAY!

So soon we'll go on a road trip, more camping, and sight seeing..gonna be super fun!

Glad the kids had fun!!

Well if you consider counting cats as your kids, mine hasn't been on a train or a bus yet but hates car rides lol

First time my son been on a swing at a play ground. He was about 9 months old. He screamed in panic!! He did not start to like them until Pre-school.

Well if you consider counting cats as your kids, mine hasn't been on a train or a bus yet but hates car rides lol
Probably because you only take them in the car to go to the vet. :lol:

I had one cat jump in the car when I was getting ready to take my daughter somewhere close by. I let her come along for the ride.

Cool posts everyone!

Our kids had first encounter with several real horses at the boys scout where my gfs dad lives and work at. That was last month and they enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited:
My son & I went to SC last year on the Amtrak.....it was ok IF:

1.The AC in the car we were in wasn't stuck on full blast. Every rest stop we'd get off the train just to warm up a bit. I had to buy $14 worth of blankets ($7 per blanket)
2. The seats could be longer or could recline more. Both my son & I are over 5'5". And we were scrunched on these too short seats.
3. Make larger & less expensive blankets. These blankets were made for really short people. Our feet would stick out & freeze.

Back