Your experiences with Twins, triplets and higher multiples.

What is your experience with multiple births?

• I am a twin.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I am part of a group of triplets/ quadruplets/tuplets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am the parent of a twin

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am the parent of a triplet/quadruplet/tuplets

• Some of my friends are/were twins

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Some of my friends are/were triplets/quadruplets/tuplets

• I know someone who has had triplets/quadruplets.

• I am a teacher with twins or higher multiples in my class.

• I only know about multiples higher then twins from reading news.

• Other.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
One of my twin daughters died. :(

Actually I have a thread somewhere where I talked about her twin sister started talking about her as if she still exists, even though I had never told her about her sister. Creeped me out.

Could you link me to that thread?

When I was in school, I had a few twin schoolmate. One of them is a good friend of mine.

I went to the wedding who is twin and I met them. They are different in style and what like or not.

I also have a 2nd cousin who is twin but I cant tall them apart cuz I dont see them at all only my deaf cousin and she can tell them apart. :giggle:

My Grandma's (real mom's side) 2nd cousin (I think) had 2 set of twins and 1 set of triplet and one child, make it total to 8 kids (I can't remember a whole story, but I have to ask again grin)

My real mom lost twins before me. I am not sure if she was telling me truth.

My dad's older brother was twin but his brother died 3 days after birth (heart defect I think). So any one of us may have another twin in future.

All are natural, none are by IVF or fertility pills etc.

My husband's family...not recall if they have any twins or triplets.

I don't mind to have twins myself, but I doubt it.

I have a friend just had her twins...Fraternal boys. SO CUTE! :) I have met a few who are twins. :)

I've met triplets..so cute boys! Now they are probably college by now...:) (I used to work in grocery store, and I see them weekly :) ) They made me smile when I see them cuz they were too cute! :) Not sure if they used IVF or convinve (sp) natural.

My Grandma's (real mom's side) 2nd cousin (I think) had 2 set of twins and 1 set of triplet and one child, make it total to 8 kids (I can't remember a whole story, but I have to ask again grin)

My real mom lost twins before me. I am not sure if she was telling me truth.

My dad's older brother was twin but his brother died 3 days after birth (heart defect I think). So any one of us may have another twin in future.

My husband's family...not recall if they have any twins or triplets.

I don't mind to have twins myself, but I doubt it.

I have a friend just had her twins...Fraternal boys. SO CUTE! :) I have met a few who are twins. :)

I've met triplets..so cute boys! Now they are probably college by now...:) (I used to work in grocery store, and I see them weekly :) ) They made me smile when I see them cuz they were too cute! :)

:topic: Your signature just by looking at it... is making me sneeze like crazy!!

Too early for all of that pollen!! :giggle:

LOL! Yea...I know but I am sooo look forward for Spring to get here! :)

Yea I know we went off topic lol!
:topic: Your signature just by looking at it... is making me sneeze like crazy!!

Too early for all of that pollen!! :giggle:

I was a triplet but Triplet 3- Emily didnt make it, she passed away at 5 months old.
We were born at 28 weeks which is 12 weeks premature.
There is no history of twins, triplets and multiples in my family
We werent made by IVF or any fertility treatment.
Me or my sister is Emily's Identical twin, my mum just recently told us, i always thought me and my sister was born identical but we was not. 2 of us was in the same egg and then the other one was alone.

I've known some twins. The two identical ones I knew were annoying and their whole personality seemed to be some giddy "*laugh* we do EVERYTHING together!!!!!!!!!! *giggle giggle giggity giggity*"

The fraternal ones just seemed like brothers/sisters with little in common.

Keep in mind both identical pairs were girls.

I have one pair of twins and one pair of triplets in the family. In my childhood I saw my cousins (twins) every summer. They are identical twins and have so much in common. I was just the loner between them - lol. I had no chance.

The triplets in America I have never seen except through pictures. They are all identical girls too and were made the natural way :giggle: (how lucky!). Even though they look alike they all have different interests and different tempers. Completely different from the twins.

At boarding school we also had one pair of fraternal twins. Girls. Lindsay and Nancy. They were SOOOOO different! Funny, huh?

That's all I can state since I am no longer in touch with any of them except through some mails every once in a while....

Jamie

My husband have twin fraternal brother.

His older brother had twin sister who died in few years ago.

His older sister had twin sister who died in birth.

I was a triplet but Triplet 3- Emily didnt make it, she passed away at 5 months old.
We were born at 28 weeks which is 12 weeks premature.
There is no history of twins, triplets and multiples in my family
We werent made by IVF or any fertility treatment.
Me or my sister is Emily's Identical twin, my mum just recently told us, i always thought me and my sister was born identical but we was not. 2 of us was in the same egg and then the other one was alone.

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. Do you still have one surviving twin? What is her name? Is she deaf too? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Her name is Jennifer, she is hearing. Doctors think I was born hearing but my hearing was damaged by strong antibiotics that I needed. My parents or me only had a recessive gene for deafness so I couldnt have be born deaf, I also do not have Connexion 26. But I have been told by a genetist that I ever had kids with a deaf man or a man with the recessive gene my kids would be deaf

off topic

i went for genetic counselling when i was fifteen years old. The doctors have got my blood stored in case any new conditions relating to deafness come up and they can test my blood straightaway for it.

One of my twin daughters died. :(

Actually I have a thread somewhere where I talked about her twin sister started talking about her as if she still exists, even though I had never told her about her sister. Creeped me out.

So sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. :( Here's a :hug: from me, Deafbajagal.

My grandmother and her brother were identical twins. None of my family are twins except them.
I remember I used to date my boyfriends years ago. One is deaf and another one is hearing. They are 100% identical twins but they don't get along. It's sad. Other boyfriend, they are both deaf and identical twins as well. They sometimes switched to date with me. I later found out that one of them accidentally slipped to say something to me, that makes me so mad but we still are friends and we thought it was funny when we all were young. We were 22 years old at the time. The twin brothers are very close as if they are best friends. They can feel either one is sick or something like that. It's interesting. They live together in their townhouse ever since then.

Ahem, I don't think your grandmother and brother would be identical twins. they are of different sexes so that would be non-identical if that what you mean, Sosie?

Back