Your experiences with Twins, triplets and higher multiples.

What is your experience with multiple births?

• I am a twin.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I am part of a group of triplets/ quadruplets/tuplets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am the parent of a twin

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am the parent of a triplet/quadruplet/tuplets

• Some of my friends are/were twins

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Some of my friends are/were triplets/quadruplets/tuplets

• I know someone who has had triplets/quadruplets.

• I am a teacher with twins or higher multiples in my class.

• I only know about multiples higher then twins from reading news.

• Other.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

dreama

Reaction score
Are you a twin, triplet or higher multiple?
Are you a parent of twins, triplets etc...
Do you know anyone who has had triplets, Quadruplets.

Please share your experiences here. I've also created a thread about IVT in contraversal thread to debate the ethnics of multiples. This thread is just for sharing your experience on the matter without getting into the ethnics of it all.

my friend (who I also was in relationship with) is the twin. in my elementary school, I was good friend with the twin brothers. At my high school prom, I was sandwiched by twin girls. My old best friend has a twin sister but it was stillbirth - choked to death by umbilical cord.

in my experience with the twins - even though they think the same but they are very different in terms of personality and interest.

Thanks for sharing Jiro. I also had a friend in high school who was a twin.

Moderators: could you please alter my poll to allow for multiple options.

there no vote as relatives with twins so i vote others

i had cousins who were twins but they are gone now.

I am not a twins,, But twins do run on both of my family sides. Sometimes even to have twins can skip generations.

I didn't vote because I can choose them of them or so.

I knew someone a set of twins when I was in Jr High School. I also know of a multiple birth from the media and my Mother's grandfather was a twin.

my twin uncles, twin second cousins without IVF. .. i dont see them that much.

My very close cousins are twins. They were natural, fraternal, both female, twins. Their father is also a twin.

My 2 younger sisters are twins.

Years ago when I was living with my parents, the house to our right had girl-girl twins and the house across from us had boy-girl twins.

I am a twin myself - my brother, who is hearing, is completely different.

I also have him on my "hearing side" of Facebook.

One of my former students was part of a quad

My aunts are fraternal twins.

My ex hubby's older sister had a twin brother who died when they were babies.

In my high school, we had over 15 sets of twins..some identical and some fraternal.

Moderators: could you please alter my poll to allow for multiple options.

Dreama,

As for multiple options of votes, you would need to set up new thread and multiple polls.

:)

As for me, I don't have any family relatives that carries the twin genes.

There're no vote as relatives with twins...so I voted friends because I also know friends who are twins as well.

My cousins are twin. One with dark hair and one with blond hair...

My aunt had twin boys, fraternal. They're now in college.

I also know someone who had 3 sets of twins in his immediate family - they're his siblings. He was a single birth baby, though.

Last edited:
Twins and Triplets run in my family Naturally!!

My Father has a twin brother. My Aunts are twins. Hence, my Grandmother gave birth two sets.

My Cousin had triplets naturally.

My Father and mother had me and my twin brother. (boy and girl) Fraternal twins.

My Fathers twin brother's wife also had a set of twins (boy and girl) fraternal twins.

Get this. Fraternal twins do not run in the males. Two eggs and Two separate sperms.
Identical twins are from the males sperm causing the egg to split. One egg two sperms.

So it was not my fathers or uncles side that caused their wives to have twins. It was in their genes since they released two eggs at the same time.

My moms side of the family had triplets. Two were Identical on was a fraternal. To me they all look alike. but the fraternal looked slightly different.

When I was younger everyone in my family told me to be careful. Since twins and triplets runs in both sides of my family.

I had two kids. Thank goodness I only had them one at a time! :giggle:

Now I am eyeballing my daughter, when she grows up and decides to have children. Maybe it will fall on her to have a set.

I am a twin-fraternal. We couldn't more different :D. I also have iditical twin cousins. So both my mom and dad had a set and my dad's sister had a set.

I am a twin-fraternal. We couldn't more different :D. I also have iditical twin cousins. So both my mom and dad had a set and my dad's sister had a set.

Do you have a twin brother or sister?

I have a twin brother. We are by far different! :lol: Male and Female.

The Father of my kids Is also a twin. Fraternal ....

Forgot to put that in... (I tend to forget about my Ex.) :rofl:

One of my twin daughters died. :(

Actually I have a thread somewhere where I talked about her twin sister started talking about her as if she still exists, even though I had never told her about her sister. Creeped me out.

Back