Your experience with hearing aids

The range of Decibles can vary.. I have severe to profound hearing loss, depending on the frequency of the sounds. Like everyone else. I would shop around for Hearing aids. You can find hearing aids that are cheaper. Also I would get a second opinion and check out VR.

Today there are more style/range of Hearing aids than when I used one my first one in glass frame-mid 60s. Whether it still exists-no idea. All I can remember-it was a Fidelity. From my CHS classes there will be an "unknown" why this model does "better for you" than other models. Just the human variability.
Again good luck in this journey into hearing.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

On the other hand, not to start a fight BUT just b/c aids have all these features, it's not going to mean it's the BEST one in the world. Not everyone needs the latest fancy features....god, i remmy abt ten years ago, my audi pushing an old lady aid b/c it had this stupid noise filter.

I still prefer my $800 analog over my $2000 digital. Only got a digital because it cancels feedback which is important to me as someone who dances in close embrace (Argentine tango). Otherwise, I far prefer analog because it provides better volume.

Everyone is different so take your time getting the information and try out different aids (and audiologists).

Thanks you guys! I'm going to call DARS today to set up an appointment :) Hopefully they can help me out. :)

Hi

Damn!!! I brought hearing aid for 500.00. I bet Doctor ripped off your money. I don't like it hearing aid. Because of I feel a Franklin monster. Lol.:lol:

Only one comment from me -- at your 80db, I'm not sure I would consider that "profound" as was stated by another poster. I do think that db loss falls more into the "severe" category. I say this based off my experience in that I was born with 85db and classified as severe; now it's at 115 and classified as profound. This WILL make a difference in what kind of hearing aids you use, at what volumes, etc.

I have less than 80db and I was told I have a "profound" hearing lost.

Ok. Google it. And it's "loss" (not picking on you but it makes a difference in what you're googling.)

I have less than 80db and I was told I have a "profound" hearing lost.
I'm another that often thought that "80db" fell within the severe range. And often could see the difference between those with a "80db" as opposed to those with a "95+" loss.

You do have to give it time to get used to the new world of sounds you receive .Wearing hearing aids for the first time is all about learning to ignore some sounds you don't want to hear. Choosing a hearing aid can be a complex process. Some are small enough to fit inside your ear canal, making them almost invisible. Others fit partially in your ear canal. Thanks for sharing…

OMGGGGGGGGG $6000 ? ? o_O
£50 for a replacement isn't sounding so bad now lol

Hi keikogrusendorf! I have no experience in hearing aids and thus I have no any idea regarding this. But I think that Beach girl has a good point for you. Thanks!

6000 dollar :O surely ripping u off . My experience with hearing aids well i was wearing it since i was 5 years old as i don't paid for it cos i am from UK also on NHS that mean they providing me free.I do remember audiologist said the hearing worth about 1200 pounds so u should be getting around 1000 to 1500 dollars and now i have seniunerual hearing loss on both ears .i have been audiologist to try last powerfully hearing aids .it is not helping me at all so is candidates for implant

Back