You are more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist

There were several other categories more likely to happen than being killed by a cop, so why was that one used for the lead? Is it an anti-cop website?

There were several other categories more likely to happen than being killed by a cop, so why was that one used for the lead? Is it an anti-cop website?

No, it is not an anti-cop site. I just thought those statistics were interesting, and I can sleep soundly tonight, lol. I wonder how they came by those numbers, though. I think there is too much paranoia about terrorists nowadays.

Wirelessly posted

Because "You're more likely to suffocate in bed than be in a terrorist attack" isn't a very exciting headline.

Wirelessly posted

Because "You're more likely to suffocate in bed than be in a terrorist attack" isn't a very exciting headline.

It would arouse more curiosity, though. :lol:

Falling down the stairs is more likely for me....I've done it a few times.

Drumming up a terrorist plot to air something so disgusting on TV and YouTube, people will choke on their own vomits?

:lol: No but that is in the article about choking, and I had food poisoning last night after eating in a restaurant with my family. TMI?? :P

yeah but I gonna watch out for cops cuz they may yell at me behind my back cuz happened to one deaf person who got killed the idiot cop didn't realize the guy was deaf but he killed him anyway.. so ugh cops are morons those days so gonna watch out for them.. :P

yeah but I gonna watch out for cops cuz they may yell at me behind my back cuz happened to one deaf person who got killed the idiot cop didn't realize the guy was deaf but he killed him anyway.. so ugh cops are morons those days so gonna watch out for them.. :P

I knew a deaf man who got killed by a cop who mistook him for another guy. he didn't hear the cop order him so he got shot and killed by the cop.

I knew a deaf man who got killed by a cop who mistook him for another guy. he didn't hear the cop order him so he got shot and killed by the cop.

:shock: dang.. that is getting worse.. oh well cops aren't trained to be aware that deaf people can be anywhere even tho in wrong place, wrong time tho.

Same thing happened to a good friend of mine who flew back to Chicago after shopping for deaf colleges out East. He landed at the O'Hare airport, started heading for the baggage claim area when a cop thought he was looking suspicious, yelled for him to stop and shot him in the back.

Thing that pisses me off is that only a coward shoots someone in the back. Secondly he displayed no weapons of any kind. Thirdly, he's an idiot for not even thinking of the possibility that he's deaf.

The cop should have called for back up and let him be surrounded by cops, that would def have gotten his attention right then and there.

Later they tried to say that his hearing aid was found to be on the "off" switch. What they don't realize is that it is common for us with analog hearing aids to turn off our hearing aids while flying because of all of the electronics aboard the commercial airplanes causes loud feedbacks (mine too).
It gets real annoying hearing all that, thusly we sometimes forget to turn them back on after exiting the plane.

This happened in the summer of 1984.

Yiz

In CA prisons, deaf/HoH prisoners are given a special vest (something like a construction safety vest with language like "deaf" written on it) and gives a cue to guards to give the inmate more time to act appropriately usually lying face-down in case a riot/fight breaks out.

I don't think anyone here wants to wear an orange construction vest with the word "deaf"...

Then again, no cop should shoot someone in the back and uh..we're not prisoners. ...hopefully, law enforcement agencies teach their recruits to recognize when a person isn't understanding a situation...that's terrible.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Nor me. People seem to associate the media coverage of situations with the risk of that situation actually occurring. One has virtually nothing to do with the other.

Back