yet more advice needed, friend breakup

sculleywr

Reaction score
I have been best friends with a girl named Jennifer for going on 8 years now. She was dating a guy named Curtis and he was coming to visit her at her college. Well, he was two days late when she received an email from him that said he was breaking up with her. I am in a completely different state with no means to get up to her, so I can't give a shoulder to lean on. Is there any advice on how to deal with my part in this? I don't want to back off and leave her with no support, but I don't want to push her away either when she needs me the most. What should I do?

My best friend is currently going through divorce. We have been friends since the age of 7! I'm in France, she in Germany... it sucks...

Let her know that you are there for her no matter what :D I'm afraid that's pretty much all you can do, unless you have the opportunity to go see her....

JamieLynn

Just tell her someday when you get the time to see her, u two would have fun together forgetting the shit she went thru and all. Just leave her as many messages on email or whatever as u can whenever she needs someone to talk to is all. I have alot of friends who lives far away from me so...no biggie.

Give her a sympathy call and coax her a little. Maybe like Steel X mentioned, plan on some time together, perhaps a summer break. But also give her some space, she is in college and needs this experience to mature and develop an understanding on how to handle relationships.

Back