Yet another hearing person!!!

Libgby

Reaction score
Hi my name is Libby (as opposed to "Libgby" which was a typo when I registered:roll:) I live in Oklahoma. I am working on an interpreter degree at a local university. Right now I am taking 'Non-Verbal Communication'. Since I'm 55y/o now I should be about 100 when I finish.

I love the internet, have a 3 month old grand daughter named Hazel (her photo is my profile photo). I like to knit and do other hand work. I've read through a few forums and everyone seems pretty friendly.

x6e9op.jpg

To AllDeaf!

Your name will be ever memorable Libby!

Hi my name is Libby (as opposed to "Libgby" which was a typo when I registered:roll:) I live in Oklahoma. I am working on an interpreter degree at a local university. Right now I am taking 'Non-Verbal Communication'. Since I'm 55y/o now I should be about 100 when I finish.

I love the internet, have a 3 month old grand daughter named Hazel (her photo is my profile photo). I like to knit and do other hand work. I've read through a few forums and everyone seems pretty friendly.

Libby!!!

Welcome from another Okie Hearie...

You are just the person I wanted to talk to - where are you taking your terp training?

Send me an email - I would like to ask you more questions about your program of study and location. Tell you about what I do and see if you might be able to help me out.

Everyone here at AD is incredible - there are a few of us Okies running around. Just jump in - you will make friends very quickly.

PS - Libby, I am not some psycho internet stalker.

I work with hospice patients and I have a patient that would love to communicate with someone that signs :hmm:

PS - Libby, I am not some psycho internet stalker.

I work with hospice patients and I have a patient that would love to communicate with someone that signs :hmm:

Sorry to invade in this thread - :aw: but you work in Hospice, Chewie? What is your role? I would LOVE to talk to you about your Hospice work!

Libby - welcome here! We will love to hear all about your views, experiences and life :) I used to do a lot of biz trips to Oklahoma and found everyone extremely friendly - due to that, I will never forget Oklahoma :)

Sorry to invade in this thread - :aw: but you work in Hospice, Chewie? What is your role? I would LOVE to talk to you about your Hospice work!

Libby - welcome here! We will love to hear all about your views, experiences and life :) I used to do a lot of biz trips to Oklahoma and found everyone extremely friendly - due to that, I will never forget Oklahoma :)

Hey there, Gemma!

My role/title in our office is Volunteer Coordinator.

My primary tasks are to:
1) Evaluate the needs and desires of volunteers for hospice patients and their caregivers
2) Recruit and train volunteers to meet the needs of our patients and their caregivers
3) Give speeches to organizations, schools, etc. about hospice
4) Provide support to our Spiritual Care Coordinator (Combo Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator)
5) Provide support to our staff in their time of grief

That is what it says on paper...my actual job is much more than that.

The hospice I work for has offices in OKC, Tulsa, Tahlequah, Bartlesville and Enid - so we cover a large portion of the state. We also have 16 home health offices statewide - that we can use as satelite offices for meetings etc.

If you take OKC and draw a circle 50 miles out in any direction - that is where I go :shock:

Right now - I visit as far south as Goldsby/Norman, West to Yukon, East to Harrah and North to Guthrie and everywhere in between - so not quite the full 50 mile radius.

I would be more than happy to talk to you about Hospice and answer any questions you may have...if I can't - I work with a great team and I can probably find you an answer.

:wave: Libby , welcome to AD I am also a hearie:)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Boy, do we have lots of hearies around here on AllDeaf? I don't know if we, Deafies, could be able to teach all hearies about our Deaf culture, Deaf communities and ASL or sign language. This going to be handful trying to keep up with hearies. :roll: Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Welcome to alldeaf.com!

You can email the webmaster/site admin of this forum to have your username fixed if you wish -- webmaster@alldeaf.com

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Boy, do we have lots of hearies around here on AllDeaf? I don't know if we, Deafies, could be able to teach all hearies about our Deaf culture, Deaf communities and ASL or sign language. This going to be handful trying to keep up with hearies. :roll: Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Please take it easy on us hearies...I am so enjoying hanging out here...

Stupid Question - is sign different in Canada - ASL or French or ????
another stupid hearie is on the loose in forums:ty:

Please take it easy on us hearies...I am so enjoying hanging out here...

Stupid Question - is sign different in Canada - ASL or French or ????
another stupid hearie is on the loose in forums:ty:

Canada uses ASL most of it, yeah.

Back