Yesterday was one of those weird days

eirlys

Reaction score
Had an Audi appt for more fitting. The elderly lady in the waiting room asked if I was waiting for my grandfather or something to finish his appointment. I told her I was waiting for MY appointment and she looked so sad and patted me on the arm and said.. "You're so young and pretty.. how sad!". Then audiologist said part of the reason my voice sounds so bad with my aids is because I don't know how to hear myself properly and the other reason is that I don't use my inside voice. I didn't realize I spoke loudly. I honestly think the reason I sound so bad is because he's not good with fitting. He keeps turning down my low frequencies and high frequencies so I basically only have amplifications in the mid ranges. I have severe reverse slope loss. I'm getting tired of going back.
I had another lady at the grocery store point out that I was having feedback (the new settings are very feedbacky.. my own voice sets it off sometimes) and then act offended because she assumed I couldn't hear it when really, I'm just kind of ignoring it because it's either that or not hear out of that side at all.

Nothing important about this post. Just felt very disconnected and weird yesterday and peoples comments kinda amused me and kinda hurt my feelings.

:hug:....might suggest getting another Audi?....Don't let people get you down, I'd just ignore the idiots.

Thanks. I am getting another Audi. I go April 6th. I'm not sure why I am continuing with this guy until then. Maybe because I feel bad and guilty for ditching him when he's so nice. Who knows lol?

Yeah, sounds like a bad fit both HA-wise and Audi-wise.

I'm looking for a new place, myself. My current place mostly deals with older people, calls me "Hearing Impaired," and suggests that I seek genetic counseling before having kids. They are very "you are disabled" centric, as opposed to my childhood Audi who was very- "this will help you out so you can do even more stuff" centric. I don't let my new guy mess with my levels- new earmolds only! :)

Good luck with everything!

Its certainly a bad fit on both accounts. It seems I've run into a lot of bad audiologists. It may be because my hearing loss is hard to fit since it's different or it may just be crummy luck on my part but I haven't had good experiences thus far. All there is to do is to keep trying. Maybe I'll find one that even is willing to sell me those purple earmolds ;)

Back