Xbox 360 Storage

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
Hello

I'm getting Xbox 360 for my birthday in a couple weeks. However, I'm curious WHICH system I should get?

I know I don't want the Arcade one - unless if you think otherwise. I also don't want the Elite.

So, I'm torn between the 20 gb or the 60 gb. How much storage does ONE game normally take up?

I'm NOT a hardcore gamer, but I do play a lot of games, so I'm hoping the 20gb will hold me over for a while. I have Xbox, and there still plenty of space left.

So...help me decide. :-D

The Elite version is still a better choice for the new Xbox owners that includes a 120GB HDD, HDMI input, and a better offer to Xbox live. So...If I were you, I still save up for the Elite version.

The 20GB and 60GB versions are still not that good. When u get the Elite version, you'll thank me.

The Elite version is still a better choice for the new Xbox owners that includes a 120GB HDD, HDMI input, and a better offer to Xbox live. So...If I were you, I still save up for the Elite version.

The 20GB and 60GB versions are still not that good. When u get the Elite version, you'll thank me.
dude, he said he is not a HARDCORE gamer. so I recommended a 20GB system ( the one I have even though I am a HARDCORE gamer) it has plenty of space. Im not kind of guy downloading music or movies and save it to hard drive like 120GB.

My suggestion to get 60GB. 20GB is worthless. That's why they discontinued on this 20GB xbox 360. For Elite, 120 GB, but it is lot of space. You dont really need it that much. 60Gb is good enough.

dude, he said he is not a HARDCORE gamer. so I recommended a 20GB system ( the one I have even though I am a HARDCORE gamer) it has plenty of space. Im not kind of guy downloading music or movies and save it to hard drive like 120GB.

^ This. ^

20 GB also is reduced in price. 60 gb is uncessary mainly because items can be deleted to make space. I often deleted demos, videos, trailers, old arcade games etc to make room. UNLESS you plan to play 30 games at the same time, I would get the 20gb. Besides, anything you purchased on XBL and you deleted from your HDD can be re-downloaded at no cost, so if you want to play that certain arcade game that you paid for but deleted, you can re-download for no extra cost. I have a TON of game saves and still have about 6GB left.

Just get 60 GB with new Jasper motherboard.

20 GB with Falcon motherboard is start phasing out right now.

I have Xbox 360 with Opus motherboard (original first Xbox 360) and 120 GB HDD (upgraded from 20 GB last year), I was think about want buy new Jasper based Xbox 360 and sell my old Xbox 360 and 60 GB to somewhere, swap 60 GB off and put existing 120 GB in later.

Does my 120 GB HDD will work with new Xbox 360 on different console ID? I'm concern that game saves, demo, arcade, others to unable to get work on new console due DRM.

Just get 60 GB with new Jasper motherboard.

20 GB with Falcon motherboard is start phasing out right now.

I have Xbox 360 with Opus motherboard (original first Xbox 360) and 120 GB HDD (upgraded from 20 GB last year), I was think about want buy new Jasper based Xbox 360 and sell my old Xbox 360 and 60 GB to somewhere, swap 60 GB off and put existing 120 GB in later.

Does my 120 GB HDD will work with new Xbox 360 on different console ID? I'm concern that game saves, demo, arcade, others to unable to get work on new console due DRM.
not true but those files have label as a gamertag. if it's a different gamertag and those files will conpurt or not good.

Uh I did read that I know he's not a hardcore gamer but plays ALOT of games. So I still say the elite version is a better choice for storage.

20GB and 60GB will be a rip off eventually. Think more about this.

Uh I did read that I know he's not a hardcore gamer but plays ALOT of games. So I still say the elite version is a better choice for storage.

20GB and 60GB will be a rip off eventually. Think more about this.
No it's not. One saved game file takes 1kbp to 15kbp. I play a lots of games and XBLA for 2 years now and my HDD is still 12 GB of free space. 120GB is intended for gamers who wants to save movies and music in the hard drive.

1000kbps=1Mbps
1000Mbps= 1GB

*shrugs* I still rather 120GB for myself even thou I dont download movies or music on there, yet the more space in my drive, the better.

I own the 60GB PS3 version and I already have like 30GB left of free space in there.

*shrugs* I still rather 120GB for myself even thou I dont download movies or music on there, yet the more space in my drive, the better.

I own the 60GB PS3 version and I already have like 30GB left of free space in there.

PS3 and 360 are totally different. I would purchase a ps3 with highest GB HDD because most games are necessary to install game in into the HDD in order to save the time and faster loading.

Atcually, I saw a thread of discussion about saving games on the 360 HDD at GameFAQS. As of now you can only save the save file, but with this fall's upcoming dashboard update, one of the features will be loading games from your HDD. This may spur sales of the Elite and 120 GB HDD's. I also would not be surprised to see Microsoft try to sell a HDD with a higher number of G's than 120. One of the things discussed in the thread was less chance of RROD's and stratching discs..

PS3 and 360 are totally different. I would purchase a ps3 with highest GB HDD because most games are necessary to install game in into the HDD in order to save the time and faster loading.

Recently, MS allows game developers to add install option for Xbox 360, it will be supposed on upcoming games to add install option to fast the loading time, that what I found from news in last 2 weeks ago but can't find link, sorry.

Try PC... 500 GB HDD for just 20 PC games that I had installed, only 300 GB to left now.

Recently, MS allows game developers to add install option for Xbox 360, it will be supposed on upcoming games to add install option to fast the loading time, that what I found from news in last 2 weeks ago but can't find link, sorry.
thanks and I didn't aware it. :)

There is one game that allows it now(Installing on HDD on 360), I think it is DragonBall Budokai.

I think this might be interesting.. because I have this wild idea where I can RENT a game... and pratically OWN it on my HDD... *evil laughter* NOW that 120 GB looks like a good idea..

There is one game that allows it now(Installing on HDD on 360), I think it is DragonBall Budokai.

I think this might be interesting.. because I have this wild idea where I can RENT a game... and pratically OWN it on my HDD... *evil laughter* NOW that 120 GB looks like a good idea..
it doesnt work that way. it requires a game into the drive even u have it in the HDD

Yup, that right about require game disc to run if game data is installed in HDD, it's just for improve the loading time, same goes to PS3, console use half installation, could be 5 GB or less but PC version is fully installation at 8 GB to 15 GB for most newer games.

For PC, that's different from console, some PC games require disc to run but can use patch to override the requirement of running game disc and great for laptop to save battery life without DVD/CD start running like spinning.

I found no CD/DVD patches from GameCopyWorld for PC version at often.

Back