Wyoming mountain in Colorado stamp???

starrygaze

Reaction score
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Colorado's new flag stamp that went on sale two weeks ago as part of a new national stamp series may have a major problem: the mountain is in Wyoming.
The U.S. Postal Service stamp shows the Colorado flag, with a snowy mountain and evergreen trees.
But, a sharp-eyed 7NEWS viewer from Fort Collins thought the mountain outline depicted on the Colorado stamp looked distinctively familiar. Bob Michael said he believed the mountain on the stamp is 13,620-foot Mount Helen in Wind River Range of Wyoming.

16724037240x180wo8.jpg

By owlstarry at 2008-06-27

:rofl: It's so embrassement for Colorado, especially they have the tallest mountain in the mainland of USA...

Might be a good idea to hurry and go buy a lot of these erroneous stamps for a numismatic value opportunity....

Maybe they used a picture of that mountain as a generic mountain to design the stamp, not realizing that people could recognize it.

:rofl: It's so embrassement for Colorado, especially they have the tallest mountain in the mainland of USA...

Actually the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states is in California. Washington state comes in 2nd...but for all 50 states...Alaska comes in 1st.

Actually the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states is in California. Washington state comes in 2nd...but for all 50 states...Alaska comes in 1st.

Ohh I didn't know that, I thought it was that mountain in Colorado... Isn't that mountain that was second place in Washington a Mt. Rainer? What name for mountain in California, should it be somewhere in Sierra Nevada?

Ohh I didn't know that, I thought it was that mountain in Colorado... Isn't that mountain that was second place in Washington a Mt. Rainer? What name for mountain in California, should it be somewhere in Sierra Nevada?

The highest point in the country is in Alaska at 20,320 ft Mt. Mckinley (sp) In Calif is Mt. McWhitney at 14,494 ft.; Mt. Elbert at 14,440 ft in Colorado; Mt. Rainier at 14,411 ft in Washington state....hmmm....I was wrong, looks like Colorado ranks 3rd in the country and Washington state comes in 4th.

Sorry for the off point...

Looks like the press who did the stamps got owned!

The highest point in the country is in Alaska at 20,320 ft Mt. Mckinley (sp) In Calif is Mt. McWhitney at 14,494 ft.; Mt. Elbert at 14,440 ft in Colorado; Mt. Rainier at 14,411 ft in Washington state....hmmm....I was wrong, looks like Colorado ranks 3rd in the country and Washington state comes in 4th.

Sorry for the off point...

Looks like the press who did the stamps got owned!

Ohh gotcha, thank you :)

And sorry for off-topic...

Hooooraaay !! :applause: :P

Back