WRT AC are burn / hot ?

rhr

Reaction score
Hi All,

Who buy Router Wireless AC (802.11ac) and it still hot / burn? Netgrear? Asus? Linksys?

Please do not talk about A,B,G, and N, I know them

Hi All,

Who buy Router Wireless AC (802.11ac) and it still hot / burn? Netgrear? Asus? Linksys?

Please do not talk about A,B,G, and N, I know them

What do you mean hot/burn?

What do you mean hot/burn?

some bought netgear, linksys that case had metal, some band don't have fan, maybe over-heat or thermal heat, router will be hot on case, case will air-burn. Maybe Router is hot then damage over heat ??? because extra speed CPU with heat on case?

some bought netgear, linksys that case had metal, some band don't have fan, maybe over-heat or thermal heat, router will be hot on case, case will air-burn. Maybe Router is hot then damage over heat ??? because extra speed CPU with heat on case?

I never have issue with my Netgear router.

Same thing like iPad don't have cooling fan. It is normal overheat while playing games.

Yeah, I'm sure manufacturers ran excessive test on their modem/router whether the device needed fan or not. I have Motorola router with no fan, but it has bunch of holes all over the cover and no issue with overheat.

Just be sure it has proper vent.

Possible replace to manufacturers things issues problem. cause on affect bad work out. that is affect. Maintenance make sure check it overheat fan.

There was another thread about someone fixing this problem by switching the heatsink to something bigger and adding a fan. Have to rip off the cover though

Ok OK OK...

What best 802.11ac band/model without hot /
overheat

ASUS RT-AC66U had hot?
Lainksys still hot?
NetGear still Hot?

I hear new ASUS Rt-AC67U chipset is ARM, still hot?

Ok OK OK...

What best 802.11ac band/model without hot /
overheat

ASUS RT-AC66U had hot?
Lainksys still hot?
NetGear still Hot?

I hear new ASUS Rt-AC67U chipset is ARM, still hot?

802.11ac is new technology so it will be usual for routers to become overheat or running hot, so it happened to N in 2007-2010 - the overheat was issue, especially Linksys.

If overheat is majority of your concern, also if you don't rely on WiFi to transfer the big files or not have 1 GBPS internet plan so AC is pointless. Keep N for few years until AC improves like less overheat.

Possible replace to manufacturers things issues problem. cause on affect bad work out. that is affect. Maintenance make sure check it overheat fan.

I had deal with overheat issues for years - Cisco didn't give a damn.

Are you sure all band 802.11ac had overheat.

Are they normal?

Are you sure all band 802.11ac had overheat.

Are they normal?

Yes.

It is OK under regular use but heavy stuff like torrent will cause overheat and possibly damage the hardware.

You need install the cooling fan if you want keep 802.11ac.

Try to use a cooling pad under laptop? It might help your router cooling.

belkin-laptop-cooling-pad-air-flow.jpg

142083-laptop-cooling-pads-review.jpg

I don't have Cisco anymore.

I have Netgear for 1 year now.

yeah we know trick on interesting I notice on new 2wire router, I don't know strictly on router new modern, that is why on modern relate to plugin on phone I surprised. insecure firewall. my house all the wireless I wont adjust it router.

i think so 2wire002 is very sound look likes private secure insecure! they secure! , new modern I no longer shaw suck switch on new sasktel is very good new I am happy! it good things! they very serious costly expensive! I respect due to house own router!

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!

I read website about 802.11ac won't work 1.3Gbps, only 266Mbps, they try AC-only, 80Mhz, still 266Mbps!!

I am not buy 802.11ac not yet!!

any work 1.3Gbps?

Back