Wrong earmold shape?

eirlys

Reaction score
When I got my earmolds done the fitter/audi told me that he would not fit anything other than canal molds because he thought the others were just too big and bulky and if I got hit on the ear it would fall out.

Now I'm looking at different types of earmolds on the Starkey website.. just seeing what different types there are and their canal molds say "not suitable for severe loss". I have severe to profound loss.

What kind of difference would it make in sound quality if I'm wearing the wrong kind? Would I notice an improvement if I went elsewhere and got new ones or should I just trust him?

Yep get a new Audi as you will notice a different in sound for the better.

too big and bulky, and falls out after being hit? B.S.! shoot I shake my head and all that, earmold stays in nice and tight. hearing aid falls off from behind the ear, earmold stays put. your audie's..... uuhh..... off.

yeah beside look at NaidaUP's earmolds, this is what I have and I have that loss but only in my left as you read my signature xD

keep looking until you find the right audi

The ear mold is more secure than the canal one! What the hell is that Audi thinking? I agree with everyone else, seek a new audi... seriously... -_-

I just got a canal lock-style mold... I am really happy with it. I have severe-profound loss in one ear and I don't know why it's supposedly unsuitable for higher losses, the mold seals just as well as my regular earmolds ever have. Better, actually, I have never had a mold fit as well as this one does. No feedback problems.

I will start looking around. I've never been able to get a good adjustment because he thinks he knows how I want to hear. Also I get constant feedback if I get anything too close to my head. I just feel invalidated... like nothing I feel matters because he knows everything. That alone should push me towards a better audi.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Back