WOW new ear molds!

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
Such a difference! things are much louder and I can understand speech a little better now. they go much further into my ear canal then the other molds and they are the silicone type that expand when the inside of my ears heat up! so much better, and if I have to pay 75 bucks for each one its worth it considering how much better I hear!

thats awesome candy! congrats!:)i had hard molds before and i like the silicone ones better too..they give a better seal i find :)

Nothing special, just clear like my last ones =) although you cant tell in the pic they have a lil bit of a pink tint to them.

6nqjw9.jpg

yep, my new one's all clear too. non-allergenic. and it's made by Unitron.. I had no idea Unitron made earmolds haha.

That little bit of extra into the ear canal sure helps doesn't it? The place I get my hearing aids does that. I am glad you got some improvement happening!
My comfort level increased in a big way when they started putting a hole in my earmolds for air equalization that goes alongside the one the for the tube for hearing. The silicone is more comfortable but I have to keep it cleaner, it seems for me that bacteria like it better.

yep, my new one's all clear too. non-allergenic. and it's made by Unitron.. I had no idea Unitron made earmolds haha.

Mine are Starkey.. Starkey makes everything I need lol... thats kind of nice about them. While the price for them is high they do cover a lot.

Starkey does earmolds too?! Wow. For so long, I've worn Westone earmolds.. that was that the school audiologist used, and my current audie did use Westone for a while. but in the last few years he's been using different companies for earmolds (Westone, Perfect Seal, Unitron). I didn't like Perfect Seal much.

The earmolds I lost were Starkey

Turns out they have a serial number for each earmold and the shape is in their computer waiting to be regenerated. Yes!!

My sister works for Unitron and she loves her job at this company.

She has a wonderful position at Unitron and yes she's Deaf too as well.

The canal look normal to me I've always had it that length since age 3? Weird. Lol
Why don't you add glitters to clear earmold next time I did with my last one when I could wear one (for only 3 months until I went totally deaf NR at all frequencies in my nonimplanted ear) I picked silver glitter, there's red, blue, green and gold glitter too, still simple with little fun in it lol

Turns out they have a serial number for each earmold and the shape is in their computer waiting to be regenerated. Yes!!

I always have to have new impressions for new molds. Your ear changes.

So I don't see the point of having them made to an old impression.

Back