Would you date hearing?

Brit-ton-nee123

Reaction score
Just curious because I read a lot of Deaf is best posts. I want opinion on date hearing. Why you would? Why you will not? Just wonder.

No.
(Hearing gal on the phone)
Me: who are you talking to?
Hearing gal: dad
Me: ok, open my iPhone and have Siri record her voice....
Siri: “let’s fuck tonight. My boyfriend is deaf he can’t hear me talking to you.”

Me: divorce!

Let me ask you, which is more important? the ears or the heart?

Now, second of all, having a solid relationship that leads to marriage AND marriage, are you able to communicate, have something in common, able to have charity (love), and have commitment? If you can handle all that, that is great!

So, back to the first question, ears or heart? What I mean is that is the heart more important than what the person have (hearing or deafness) so can you accept the person for who she (or he) is?

I know my answers. What about yours?

Alright so can this hearing person sign? Because lipreading isnt an exact science and can be pretty difficult even for those of us that are very good at it. I've dated hearing guys that disnt sign, its hard and can put a strain on a relationship. However if they can sign or are willing to at least pick up the basics then sure!
:gossip::confused:
^Representation of me on MANY dates.

I've heard from a lot of people that it's easier dating hearing women than it is to date hearing men. The vast majority of hearing men will not learn sign, whereas it's common for women to learn sign for men. Oddly gay men are also more likely to learn for their partners. If I was a Deaf woman, I don't think that I'd date a hearing guy unless he already knew sign. You could always date a CODA.

I don't discriminate. Idf the perosn has a kind heart and good character that is the most important to me. We will make the rest work. My life experience has taught me this.

Rather than focusing on whether they hear or not, i let my body or brain decides if I am attracted to them. I don't think it matters if they hear or not because if you love that person, you would be willing to communicate or find ways to work it out :)

I ended up marring a hearing woman. I had long hair back then and did not tell her I wore hearing aids or she needed to learn ALS till a few weeks into our relation ship when we got a bit drunk at my house and she spent the night. I had the best laugh of my life when the alarm clock went off in the morning...

I'm married to a hearing man now. I refused to date anyone who didn't know or didn't want to learn sign language in my time as a single lady. Thankfully, my husband took the initiative to learn sign, shortly after we met each other 5-6 years ago :)

I'm married to a hearing man now. I refused to date anyone who didn't know or didn't want to learn sign language in my time as a single lady. Thankfully, my husband took the initiative to learn sign, shortly after we met each other 5-6 years ago :)
holy cow... long time no talk, anakin! wow... so you've got hitched up... where did the time go??? congratulation!

Hello there how are you?
I'm single and I don't have a boyfriend.. I have hearing aids and I can to hear and speak.. so I wish to meet someone guy to meet me. I'm from Jordan and I'm Christian. I'm 27 years old.

Just curious because I read a lot of Deaf is best posts. I want opinion on date hearing. Why you would? Why you will not? Just wonder.
Hi… my name is Aron .. would you be interesting in chat sometime ? You could email me at aronsusya@icloud.com then we will know where we can easily chat together ..by the way I’m deaf as well
Forward to hear soon ..
Aron

I've heard from a lot of people that it's easier dating hearing women than it is to date hearing men. The vast majority of hearing men will not learn sign, whereas it's common for women to learn sign for men. Oddly gay men are also more likely to learn for their partners. If I was a Deaf woman, I don't think that I'd date a hearing guy unless he already knew sign. You could always date a CODA.
I'm learning how to sign because I'm becoming increasingly hard of hearing and I'm having this probably with my bf right now. It's kind of dissapointing but I'm still hoping that he'll find it less frustrating soon.

Back