Would like your prayers

sending positive thoughts and prayers hoping for a 100% complete and speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone...

She had her surgery on Thursday and it went very well. She was texting my brother all day yesterday saying she feels very very sore. She got word that she will be released from the hospital today and my brother will go see her.

They got all the tumor out..amazing considering the drs went through her nose.

:hug:

Thanks everyone...

She had her surgery on Thursday and it went very well. She was texting my brother all day yesterday saying she feels very very sore. She got word that she will be released from the hospital today and my brother will go see her.

:shock: I didn't know it can be done thru nose. just did a quick research. wow. as Reba said - a truly amazing medical advancement.

transphenoidal-pituitary-surgery.gif

your brother's gf is such a sweet doll. praying for a speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad everything went well for her. :)

Thanks everyone...

Wonderful news. :) Does she had pituitary gland tumor? I wish mine would be remove but my doctor said no. I am aware of this produce as last resort. Glad it worked out great for her.

:shock: I didn't know it can be done thru nose. just did a quick research. wow. as Reba said - a truly amazing medical advancement.

transphenoidal-pituitary-surgery.gif

your brother's gf is such a sweet doll. praying for a speedy recovery!
Oh yes it has been doing this for many years now.

I just read your thread Shel... I'm glad everything went well!!!! :D

Hoping for a quick recovery now!!!!

Wow, just saw this, Shel; glad the procedure went well.

Just checking back in. I'm very glad to hear that the procedure went well. Sending up word for a speedy recovery as well. :)

She is on her way home! Again, many thanks for your thoughts and prayers! :)

Always great to see good news first thing when I go online.

Happy for you, your brother, and his girlfriend.

Shel, I just read the update. I am glad everything went well and she will recover good.

shel90, glad to here all went well. my brother had the same thing. after the surgery he had all of his vision back in about 6 months. our family automatically thought the worst, since my dad and grandma both died of brain cancer. fortunately his wasn't cancer. then again power of prayer is a mighty thing. here is a bible verse I heard when i was in the service, and whenever i come across hard or trying times, i say it to myself. If God is for us then who can be against us.
glad to here she is doing better and hope for a speedy recovery

I just got in and read your thread. I am so glad to hear she is doing well and her speed recovery. Scary to even think about this...even through your nose, I hope she slept through this...

I had a tumor and irritate tumors (that they cannot operate bec it was too risky) back in November 2009. I had tumor (the size of half dollar coin) removed asap in two days later and I made a speed recovery. I had Gamma Knife (Radiology-a new type of equipment they use today) for the irritate tumor on December 2009-only one treatment. In the past, they used Gamma Knife for several treatment up to a hundred, depending on the tumors but now they had new and better equipments so there is only ONE treatment.

And I had gotten my MRI results in April and the results had succeed except for that irritate tumors, they would want to keep doing the follow up MRI every 3 mos making sure it never grow back.

Nowadays everyone have hemorrhage in the brain, tumor in the brain, etc...If one of you have been getting several headache due to unknown cause, even though if those headaches were only mild, but it kept going on and on all day. And over-the-counter drugs doesn't even work at all. Please go to the ER immediately no matter what...better safe than sorry...

Those headache even includes firecrackers feeling inside your head (mine does that each morning as soon as I wake up then mild headaches all-day for 5 days straight), even Bret Michaels felt like a gunshot...and blurry vision and all, uncommon signs...not a joke every bodies...Look at whomever didn't make it...We are the luckiest of 5 (me) to 20 (Bret) percents to be alive today...

I thank God I did went to the ER or I would never have known this...

Hugs to you and your brother for standing by each other all the way supporting her to stay positive and made it through with speed recovery...

Back