Worst states

Well, if we're talking cities, Memphis is definately the shittiest big city I've ever been to. God, I hated that place. Damn good bbq ribs though. And hey, Oakland has some very rough areas, but on the whole it is a very cool city with a lot to offer. Jerry Brown did a good job sprucing the place up. He didn't work a miracle, but he did a good job.

States? I didn't think Mississippi was too bad, but I only went to Oxford, Vicksburg, and drove the Natchez Trace, so basically I only saw the cream of the crop. The worst state I've ever been to is Wyoming. What a godawful boring place. The eight most boring hours of my life.

I found North Dakota to be the most boring state. The people are nice, the air is clean, but nobody cares. They have Theodore Roosevelt National Park in the western part of the state. When I told a coworker about checking the park out, he mentioned he had been there the summer before. His description was perfect: "Looks like a big old gravel pit they charge admission to."

Kyle, TX is a small town that is depressing as all get out. 98% of the houses out there came there on wheels. There's lots of green pastures, but they all have cow patties in them.

For Texas's bad areas: Houston and Dallas. Metropolitan shitholes.

Other states: I've been through most states in the Southwest, as well as several in the Northeast, and nothing really sticks out to me as particularly awful. I hated Las Vegas, but the lights were way too bright and I got a headache and I was 9, sooo...

Well, if we're talking cities, Memphis is definately the shittiest big city I've ever been to. God, I hated that place. Damn good bbq ribs though. And hey, Oakland has some very rough areas, but on the whole it is a very cool city with a lot to offer. Jerry Brown did a good job sprucing the place up. He didn't work a miracle, but he did a good job.

States? I didn't think Mississippi was too bad, but I only went to Oxford, Vicksburg, and drove the Natchez Trace, so basically I only saw the cream of the crop. The worst state I've ever been to is Wyoming. What a godawful boring place. The eight most boring hours of my life.

Have you been to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, etc? Most of southern Wyoming is bare hills/mountains.

I dont recall of. all I know is any colleges or stadiums area near by that tends to be unsafe area. I am not sure why but i assume less taxes.

:hmm: I was scared of, camden NJ, harlem ny, southwest and some area of northeast (D.C.), Outside of baltimore md, some area of brooklyn ny near coney island, and some area of philedelphia and more lol

Kyle, TX is a small town that is depressing as all get out. 98% of the houses out there came there on wheels. There's lots of green pastures, but they all have cow patties in them.

For Texas's bad areas: Houston and Dallas. Metropolitan shitholes.

Other states: I've been through most states in the Southwest, as well as several in the Northeast, and nothing really sticks out to me as particularly awful. I hated Las Vegas, but the lights were way too bright and I got a headache and I was 9, sooo...
I was in Dallas two weekends ago. Never again.
Shithole is the way to describe it. It's no hellhole like North Omaha though.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Worst cities I've been is a bunch of small towns in Iowa. Altho some are interesting and most of them are bland. West Oakland and many parts of East Oakland is an eyesore and have lot of crime but of course there are nice areas in oakland like the Oakland Hills, Lake Merritt and downtown. Don't forget Richmond, CA is also bad. Most of the city is bad. I forgot to add about Flint, Michigan. It's pretty bad there as well.

Last edited:
If I take cities and have to choose the worst, I will take West Memphis, TN. It was smelly, nasty, rude and crime ridden. But, that ties with my memories of Miami, FL. If I were to choose from our drive back to Florida from Missouri. The worst state was Georgia. Every single piece of highway interstate system was under construction and through most of it, we could only drive 25-35 MPH along it and it was very narrow. I was driving an Expedition pulling a boat, hubby was driving a 26ft moving truck pulling a car trailer with my car on it. That was a nightmare I never want to repeat. If we ever make a trip out of Florida, we are by passing Georgia at all costs.

I was in Dallas two weekends ago. Never again.
Shithole is the way to describe it. It's no hellhole like North Omaha though.

I'm so sorry you had to go there. Dallas really is one of my least favorite places in Texas. You should visit Austin; it's really nice there and significantly less of a shithole.

I've also been told that there's a cluster of cities in East Texas called "The Brown Triangle": Beaumont, Port Arthur and one other whose name I forget. But basically, if God wanted to give Texas an enema, that's where he'd stick the pipe.

OH and Galveston, TX is another awful place! The water is disgusting and it smells horrible.

I don't have fond memories of New Orleans, but that was probably the smell.

Kansas sucks to drive through...Kansas city at night, with all the bad roads, dim lights, and how easy it is to get lost. Crime there is terrible. Almost every week there's shootings and car chases. I've always hated Arizona but that's cause it's so dry and gives me migraines. Best place to live? Pretty much anywhere in Colorado. I loved that place.

I've only been to 18 states... Some of which I spent only a couple of hours in. The majority of the ones I have been to are along the east coast. I'd say that my least favourite state was definitely Virginia. We stayed in the lovely Front Royal. :)

I've been to every province except Manitoba and Newfoundland & Labrador. To be honest, there wasn't a single province I disliked. I've never wanted to go to Manitoba. I'm sure that, if I went there, it'd be my least favourite. :P

I dont recall of. all I know is any colleges or stadiums area near by that tends to be unsafe area. I am not sure why but i assume less taxes.

:hmm: I was scared of, camden NJ, harlem ny, southwest and some area of northeast (D.C.), Outside of baltimore md, some area of brooklyn ny near coney island, and some area of philedelphia and more lol

At the hotel I stayed at in Oakland was only one block from the stadium. Even hotel workers told me not to walk at night around the area where the stadium is b/c of thugs. Thugs would wait for you after you leave gas station on corner so they could rob you. So all of us were warned and thugs waited all night and no customers. :lol: There is subway station very close by so thugs from all over travel to the location. They probably from richmond.

Flint is very scary city.

In Michigan?

Honest I can remember Flint almost 15 years ago. It was used to be better but little bad compare to now it pretty disaster.

Crazy people there. One time in summer I witness White trash guy with too small shirt it show bottom of stomach flops every steps he made.

I've only been to 18 states... Some of which I spent only a couple of hours in. The majority of the ones I have been to are along the east coast. I'd say that my least favourite state was definitely Virginia. We stayed in the lovely Front Royal. :)

I've been to every province except Manitoba and Newfoundland & Labrador. To be honest, there wasn't a single province I disliked. I've never wanted to go to Manitoba. I'm sure that, if I went there, it'd be my least favourite. :P

Go Nfld!!!!! Is best. You love it :) eat toutons while you there. (Universe say "Sunny, eat toutons" today)

In Michigan?

Honest I can remember Flint almost 15 years ago. It was used to be better but little bad compare to now it pretty disaster.

Crazy people there. One time in summer I witness White trash guy with too small shirt it show bottom of stomach flops every steps he made.

No idea. Near Detroit. So scary.

Back