World’s youngest grandmother is just 23-years-old

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
World’s youngest grandmother is just 23-years-old

A 23-year-old woman is claiming that she is the world’s youngest grandmother.

Rifca Stanescu gave birth when she was just 12 years old and two years ago her daughter Maria had a baby at the age of 11.

Despite urging her daughter not to follow in her footsteps and stay in school, Stanescu told The Sun that Maria left to get married when she was just 10 and gave birth to her first child the following year.

"I am happy to be a grandmother but wished more for Maria," Stanescu told the paper.

Stanescu also revealed that she eloped with jewellery salesman Ionel Stanescu when she was 11 and he was 13.

She fled with her boyfriend because she was worried her father would force her to marry someone else in the village of Investi in Romania.

Her mother, also named Maria, became a great grandmother at just 40 years old.

Last month, the woman who is set to become Britain’s youngest grandmother at age 29, said that her daughter becoming a teen mum was ‘her worst nightmare’.

Kelly John gave birth to her daughter, Tia, at age 14. Tia is now expecting her own child at the same age.

'My worst nightmare has always been that Tia would repeat my mistake and get pregnant young. [When I found out] I felt the colour drain from my face and all I could do was cry.' John told the News of the World.

Man names first-born daughter Facebook

Beautiful baby contest turns ugly

Babies hysterical laughter becomes web sensation

World

*speechless*

Why? *sadly*

Let her enjoy her childhood first...

I saw on jerry Springer or something like that back in 1995 about a mother and daughter being very young when they had their firstborn. The mother was 26 at the time and was a soon-to-be grandmother and her 13 year old daughter was like 7 or 8 months pregnant. Now, it has been 17 years so I wonder if the baby that was born is a parent now? :hmm:

There is no way I would let my daughter at 11-12-13 have a baby. Even at 16 is too young, IMO. But this is in another country, Romania. Still, here in the good ol' USA, it still and does happen.

Great Grandma at age 40. Ehhh.... I would hate to say that they're terrible mother(s).

Great Grandma at age 40. Ehhh.... I would hate to say that they're terrible mother(s).

I would have to agree with that. They are missing their childhood. They grew up too fast. It would be nice if they can have the freedom of being a kid more than being a Mom. They have a whole life ahead before they are 20 years. Being an adult is not easy and so is parenting too. Kids need to be Kids.

I think they might have been rape against their wills. :(

23?!?! God, my dear friend is 23..........and yeah I think a lot of the young mothers is due to sexual abuse. God, you don't know ANYTHING about relationships when you're a kid. When I was 13 I was still "oh boy likes girl"....I was still following the advice in teen mags abt how to get a boyfriend...god until I was 15, I thought I was straight.

In some countries, children don't get much of a childhood at all. :(

The grandmother said she doesn't want her daughter to follow her steps but her daughter ignored and had a baby. Obviously genetically, they are sexually mature at much younger age.

Due to advances in nutrition and medicine, doctors have noticed that girls on the average are starting their periods at younger ages than they used to.

I recall a few years ago there was a huge debate about girls as young as 11-12 years old getting the HPV vaccine.

I've heard of some girls starting their periods as young as 9.

due to advances in nutrition and medicine, doctors have noticed that girls on the average are starting their periods at younger ages than they used to.

I recall a few years ago there was a huge debate about girls as young as 11-12 years old getting the hpv vaccine.

rgbh.

Due to advances in nutrition and medicine, doctors have noticed that girls on the average are starting their periods at younger ages than they used to.

I recall a few years ago there was a huge debate about girls as young as 11-12 years old getting the HPV vaccine.

My daughters had friends in the 2nd grade who started their periods and had boobs.
My girls were vegetarians at a young age, their choice. So luckily we had none of these problems.

The grandmother said she doesn't want her daughter to follow her steps but her daughter ignored and had a baby. Obviously genetically, they are sexually mature at much younger age.

*nodding sadly* I have seen many teenagers like that... I never thought about sexually when I'm the same age as them.. :shock:

wow 23 yrs old.

my old classmate, she happens to have same birthday as me. SHe is already a grandma at age 40. I dont have grandkid yet! She and I still keep in touch because we were small kids and found out that our same birthday. every year at school we share birthday cakes or celebration. Indeed,we both are different people but we get along well. She PMed me and told me how proud she become a grandma. WHOA!

Sigh... at 12 years old, I knew a lot about sex, even how gay men have sex. But it didn't even OCCUR to me that I could do those things. I just played video games or went swimming. Those were just a lot more appealing to me.

.. actually, they still are.

OOooOOooohhh :)

At age 12 I didn't know anything about heterosexual or homosexual intercourse. I wasn't really interested in such things at that time. I was perfectly satisfied to be a kid and enjoy childhood.

It's very sad that kids are forced into early maturity. :(

Back