workouts/weight loss help?

hazelnut898900

Reaction score
hi okay so I'm not overweight at all, I'm actually fairly skinny. but one of my goals for myself is to be more toned and a more healthy skinny if that makes any sense. basically I'm a 26 inch waist and 36 inch hip and my goal is to be 24 and 34. I've been eating a lot healthier and working out a lot. basically I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get fast results. it could be nutrition tips or different workouts or anything. thanks :)

It could just be genetics. If you are at the proper BMI index, your body shape may be a factor. That is to say, just because you are at the correct amount of body fat does not mean your body will be shaped differently. This is also affected by your body type being either endomorphic, mesomorphic, etc.

If you are working out and eating right(low fat), just give it more time.

You can follow a plan like PX90 or something, but I would caution the use of all the shakes and bars. While the supplements can work, you don't know what is really in them.

I have lost inches (and like you, I wasn't big to begin with either) by doing a ton of cardio exercise. I basically rode my bike all summer, and that made a big difference. I then lost a pound a week for two months through August and September because I started using MyFitnessPal and tracking everything I ate. My long bike rides were doing a lot of good but ensuring I was not overdoing it afterwards made an even bigger difference.

When the weather got bad I joined a gym. I try to go three times a week. I do an hour of cardio (either elliptical or stationary bike) and then hit the weights to work on my upper body.

TL;DR: calorie deficit, either by eating less or by exercising enough to burn it off.

It could just be genetics. If you are at the proper BMI index, your body shape may be a factor. That is to say, just because you are at the correct amount of body fat does not mean your body will be shaped differently. This is also affected by your body type being either endomorphic, mesomorphic, etc.

If you are working out and eating right(low fat), just give it more time.

You can follow a plan like PX90 or something, but I would caution the use of all the shakes and bars. While the supplements can work, you don't know what is really in them.

yeah im not a huge supplement person but when I was younger my mom used to drink slimfast and I always liked the taste haha I wonder if that would do anything

I have lost inches (and like you, I wasn't big to begin with either) by doing a ton of cardio exercise. I basically rode my bike all summer, and that made a big difference. I then lost a pound a week for two months through August and September because I started using MyFitnessPal and tracking everything I ate. My long bike rides were doing a lot of good but ensuring I was not overdoing it afterwards made an even bigger difference.

When the weather got bad I joined a gym. I try to go three times a week. I do an hour of cardio (either elliptical or stationary bike) and then hit the weights to work on my upper body.

TL;DR: calorie deficit, either by eating less or by exercising enough to burn it off.

thanks! I also joined a gym and have been going there a lot but I haven't been sure what machines are best for my body. I've spent most time on a treadmill

Back