Women Only! Bloody Hell!

sallylou

Potterhead and Janeite
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (droid)

GUYS, FEMALE REPRODUCTION TALK BELOW. Proceed at your own risk.

I'm literally in bloody hell. I'm having a period that has lasted 1 full month so far. I finally figured out that a side effect of my medication is "menstual dysfunction." It would have been nice if my doctor had mentioned it. It's a drug used to abort etopic pregnancies (presumably at a different dosage than mine). I had forgotten this until I did some research on the internet. The flow has been light but it's picked up and I have cramps. I'm adding this complaint to my ever growing list of nasty side effects. It could be worse. I could be pregnant.

If it has been a month since you been on that specific medication. Perhaps you are actually starting your "real period"

I am not sure but if you are continuously bleeding. Check with your doctor.

I have had an etopic pregnancy that had ruptured. (tubes was tide and still got pregnant) So I had to get blood transfusion from the blood loss I had. So be careful.

Sorry to hear this...what a bummer!...know you must feel weak and a period lasting a month!...Dunno if you wanna be preggie?....I'd have a few choice words for that doctor....

Thanks. There is no possibility of pregancy because hubby is "fixed." One less thing to worry about. I've been on the medication for about 6 months. I get blood work and liver tests monthly. I'm going to call the doctor who prescribed the meds on Monday. I also have endometriosis, which causes gyno problems.

Perimenopause is also probable. I think that hormone tests are not clear/helpful until you've haven't had a couple of periods. Is that right? I know there's a home kid for menopause. I'll check that out.

sorry hear you few people have! I have my gf tough I tell you! many struggle control your feeling tough! I knew research behavior on emotion ! It is very serious big high strong female is very reason, I Notice it few people annoy me I implentation! I don't my personal professional counsellor because I recommand help your counsellor!

I prefer my personal support counsellor confidental!

SallyLou, I am sorry you are going through this. I am currently going through periomenopause, and have also had an ectopic pregnancy that I had to abort. Please make sure you speak with the doctor about this. It is very troubling to hear about.

Oh my goodness...please see a gynaecologist? A month of bleeding is scary...

I went through something similar (far longer than just a month, though, and with very heavy bleeding) and became so anemic I was thisclose to needing a blood transfusion. I had to take iron supplements for quite a while.

Do you plan to see your gyno sometime soon?

Thanks. There is no possibility of pregancy because hubby is "fixed." One less thing to worry about. I've been on the medication for about 6 months. I get blood work and liver tests monthly. I'm going to call the doctor who prescribed the meds on Monday. I also have endometriosis, which causes gyno problems.

Perimenopause is also probable. I think that hormone tests are not clear/helpful until you've haven't had a couple of periods. Is that right? I know there's a home kid for menopause. I'll check that out.

When I started into perimenopause I reacted the very same as you describe. They put me back on low dose BC to correct it. After the jerk of a doctor did an endrometrial biopsy with no anesthesia!:cold:

If theres no possible pregnancy then why are you on a medication to abort a pregnancy?
Also, I would not say no possibility, I know people who have gotten preg with endo, and the hubby being fixed.

sorry hear you few people have! I have my gf tough I tell you! many struggle control your feeling tough! I knew research behavior on emotion ! It is very serious big high strong female is very reason, I Notice it few people annoy me I implentation! I don't my personal professional counsellor because I recommand help your counsellor!

I prefer my personal support counsellor confidental!

Excuse me,ladies. Travis, get yo ass out of here. :lol: this thread is for ladies,only. Now apologize to them and get out.

Excuse me,ladies. Travis, get yo ass out of here. :lol: this thread is for ladies,only. Now apologize to them and get out.

No need to tell him. Most of us know who he is. it's up to OP.

Sally, Sorry to hear that you have been through. I don't understand that doctor did not do anything when its been a month. do you plan to see the second opinion to see if they know anything to stop it. :(

I have no advice or experince to share with. but the second opinion is what I d like to try with.

couldn't resist.
130961566446127.jpg

dont muck around, come monday go to a different doctor- fast- get the second opinion. Im a guy i know nothing about any of this but i know if theres danger or something's not right, dont leave it to chance, play it safe. Good luck, and hope you well

That sounds like perimenopause. I had very heavy bleedings that once left me literally shaking. My doctor would check my iron level when I visited her. I have been on iron pills few times.

Sometimes my periods went a month long or longer. Nowadays it is just spotting.

One month of bleeding is not good sign. My friend had problem with bleeding, maybe little bit longer than yours but she finally went to dr about it and did biposy on it and found out she had cancer so had to remove whole thing. She did try on BC and did not work. I don't want to alarm and scare you but menses should be last 7 days, mine which it is usually alike 8 or 9 days because I am approaching menopause within next 4 years. See other dr and get second opionon. I am sorry you are going thru this.

When I started perimenopause, I would go for 3-6 weeks straight, then skip 2-4 weeks, then go for 1-2 weeks, then skip 4-6, then repeat. It's been 10 years now for me and it is finally slowing down.

When I started perimenopause, I would go for 3-6 weeks straight, then skip 2-4 weeks, then go for 1-2 weeks, then skip 4-6, then repeat. It's been 10 years now for me and it is finally slowing down.
Wow, not normal but as long as your are healthy. It should be okay. Once I had no menses for 3 years and dr had to put me on medicine to start it because I could have develop cancer if I did not start it. I could have quit this medicine and enjoy having no menses ( no pms or pimple) for rest of my life. I would not take this risk by stopping medicine for it.

Back