Woman Sues Taco Bell Over Drive-thru Orders

LoveBlue

Reaction score
http://6abc.com/news/deaf-new-jersey-woman-sues-taco-bell-over-drive-thru-orders/1428315/

Her video of the exchange, provided to The Associated Press by her lawyer, showed an employee trying to explain that orders are placed at the start of the drive-thru.

"I will do it this one time," he then said. "I want you to understand me, one time. After that, no more. After that, no more. Come inside. OK, is that fair?"

On March 15, Cirrincione said, she wrote her order on a slip of paper and handed it to a drive-thru employee at a Taco Bell in Atlantic City. The note was returned and the window was shut without the order or an explanation, she said. She said she entered the store and was ignored.

Wow! Terrible customer service.

I also have to guess that the other fast food restaurants are going to take a close look at this lawsuit and how it comes out. We have a guy in CA who goes around to small businesses and if they don't comply with ADA laws he slaps them with a lawsuit, gets a judgement with damages and it a lot of the cases has forced these co. out of business or to close their doors to walk up customers and do their business only through the internet. He makes a nice living doing it though, although the state is now looking into how he is going about doing his dirty work.

Don't these workers make $10 an hour now?
They need to be more considerate and not provide horrible customer service.

Don't these workers make $10 an hour now?
They need to be more considerate and not provide horrible customer service.
Do you really think more $$ makes for better workers? Hmm, let me look up some CEO's for you....

Do you really think more $$ makes for better workers? Hmm, let me look up some CEO's for you....
Where I live , yes! Some fast food resturants can show the world that they can make a difference . Plus, most of them now speak ENGLISH !

I grew up hearing and speaking. So, I still prefer to use my voice but I cannot understand the speakers to confirm a drive-thru order by listening.

McDonald's is the fast food place closest to my home and I am glad that they have upgraded to a ordering system at their drive-thru where you speak your order and it shows up on a screen there rather than the old system where they repeated it back by voice. But if it is close to a usual meal time, often I can see that the crowd at the drive-thru is much bigger than inside and thus will go inside and get a "to go" there.

We do have a Taco Bell that fairly recently moved into a new building. I did use them a few days ago but have no idea what their current drive-thru ordering system is like. That is because there also the line at the drive-thru was long but there were hardly any people inside. So I went in and got a "to go" that way.

Gosh! what happened to just common courtesy?? simple humanity?

I hope she wins huge.

Fuzzy

Back