"Wizard of Oz".

yagazn

Reaction score
Do you watch "Wizard of Oz"?. It's a fantasy movie almost like "Alice in Wonderland". Some people tells me that it is like a drug hallucinations movie, it would have to be a writer who is on drugs and make it into a great movie.

Always show "Wizard of Oz" on TBS channel by cable every year on November.

Do you watch "Wizard of Oz"?. It's a fantasy movie almost like "Alice in Wonderland". Some people tells me that it is like a drug hallucinations movie, it would have to be a writer who is on drugs and make it into a great movie.

I used to watch it with my family when I was a kid. It is sort of like Alice in Wonderland, in that they wake up in the end and it was all a dream.

I would like to own the movie....

I've heard the same thing about drug hallucinations movies...all I know there are a few....Alice in the Wonderland, Wizard of OZ, try to think what other movie that is probably related to it. I never like Alice in the Wonderland. Ick!

I've seen the Wizard of Oz over and over and over again. I'm not all that interested in seeing it yet again.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward on new remake "Wizard of Oz". I expect them on more following from book than you seen on classic movie which isn't 100% storyline.

Some of the scenes from the movie freaks me out a little. :/ Just saying.

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one; trust me! It's why I stopped watching it. It's NOT because I was bored with it. I actually LIKE parts of the movie, but, there's this one part that freaks me the h*ll out every time I sit down to watch! It's that part where Dorothy is shut up in the witch's castle, and she's crying for Auntie Em. Dorothy looks into the crystal ball and see Em; only for it to "turn" into the witch whose face then melds into the crystal ball!

OMG! *shudders* I have to leave the room...seriously! It freaks me out!

OK, now that I've announced to the interwebs that I have serious irrational fears, I'm going to bed! :lol:

Good night, all.

That's what they said the same thing about Dune. Many fans believe that Frank Herbert was on drugs while writing a book. His son did mention it in his book, Dreamer of Dune.

I love Wizard of Oz.

The first time I saw it was the first time I saw a program on a color TV (1958). We were moving from NJ to CA, and staying in a motel in CA. We all went to the motel lobby where the only color TV was (it was a console TV). It was a big deal! :lol:

I don't watch it every year but I have seen it several times since.

When I was a kid, I read every single one of the Oz series of books. The movie and books are not the same but each is classic in its own right.

I would like to own the movie....

I've heard the same thing about drug hallucinations movies...all I know there are a few....Alice in the Wonderland, Wizard of OZ, try to think what other movie that is probably related to it. I never like Alice in the Wonderland. Ick!
The year Space Odyssey 2001 came out, it was popular for people to watch that while high, as an "experience." The scenes at the end were supposed to be like a drug trip.

Back