Wiring Diagram for 2004 to 2007 Dodge Durango Help!!

purplecatty

Reaction score
I just got a nice new Christmas gift.. A SPY 5000m alarm/remote start system. It's an aftermarket two ways security/remote start system that can transmit and receives status up to 2000 ft!. I just removed almost every panels out under driver's side to have an access to wirings. I am currently 1/2 done and what's left is dome light wiring that stopped me the whole process cuz it's part of door trigger system. Durango have independent door triggering system and I don't want to rig every wires to one wire for trigger. Domelight is the only system that turns on regardless which door or trunk open and it only use (-) triggering circuity that my alarm/remote start have ready (it have option to use either (-) or (+) trigger sensing).

Right now, my driver side is messy with noodle of wires dangling even I still can drive. (I even removed driver seat and If I'm driving, I just put two rear bolts in and one front bolt in and all are not tight till I'm done with wiring). I even hotwire to start and run engine hee hee, pretty simple!

The thing is that I really need wiring diagram badly. I googled 2005 dodge durango wiring diagram. I found several and printed out but it does not tell me exact location but say "big black jack on fusebox". I have two big jacks which have loads of wires in it. I basically wanted to see wiring "roadmap" that can help me to find exactly where it is.

I even called Dodge Dealership and they asked me if it's an OEM or Aftermarket. I told them 'Aftermarket" . They said can't help me. I told them I just am asking for wiring diagram simple as is!! I don't give damn about either OEM or Aftermarket!! Just tell me where the DOME light wiring located!! He said he don't have it and just go to Library. I went to Library (big library) and they doesn't even have wiring diagrams for Durango, just Diagnosic and Mechanical. I was frustrated then went to Advanced Auto Part (formerly Western Auto) and they don't even have 2005 and newer Clinton Dodge Durango book!!! Awww Shush!! I was :pissed:!!!

So do anyone happen to have or access to wiring diagram for 2005 Dodge Durango and newer?? (one look like a wiring map) I want a location where domelight connects to? I know it's a purple wire but there's many of them!! (of course there are color coded strip on purple wire tho). Please PM me if you have it. I would prefer either web link or file attachment.

Catty

So do anyone happen to have or access to wiring diagram for 2005 Dodge Durango and newer?? (one look like a wiring map) I want a location where domelight connects to? I know it's a purple wire but there's many of them!! (of course there are color coded strip on purple wire tho). Please PM me if you have it. I would prefer either web link or file attachment.

Catty

Got info from one AD'er and it was a good info... Thanks to one AD'er! :thumb:

Now, I'm proceeding to work on wiring with proper info. :thumb:

Thanks!!

No problem. Let us know how that alarm system works out! 2000 Feet sounds damn crazy. I would try that just for the sake of seeing if it is true. That sounds like the size of 5 football fields.

I checked to see if it penerate thru building. My transreceiver signal was out as soon as I walked 20 ft inside building. I guess too much metals around. When I walked outside abt 300ft from Durango, all I have to do press 'lock' to reactivate signal and it was full bar signal. I tested to see if the locker/bathroom area have signal, it sure does. So it means if I have to start my durango. I simply fire up when I go to bathroom or wash up before I clock out. Ummh!

Today, I just got dome light trigger, brake trigger, parking brake trigger ect all hooked up. I went ahead and test the system without ign1 and ign2 hooked up (that's for remote start only). The system works like it shuld be. Blue LED were flashing and I press transreceiver to silent and LED stopped flashing but flashes twice in interveral means alarm is armed. I opened the door from inside and LED was flashing constantly and my parklight didn't flash. I found out that I shuld hook it to relay coil instead of directly (was hooked to normally opened side of Relay where parking light wire attached to). I will fix it the next day. As for ign1 and ign2, I have 2nd thought. Dual isolated relay or two relays are too much hassle for me so thought of using heavy duty Diodes. Hooking Diode's (+) side to blackbox and (-) side to ign1 and ign2. Basically it blocks 12v from going to blackbox but when engine is off, black box can enable ign1+ign2 to activate dashboard and fire up engine. I recalled "AND" Diodes circuity. In that way I isolate ign1 and ign2 from blackbox while engine is running w/ keys.

It seem like I'm almost done with system even though wiring diagrams are pain to find!

Catty

Back