Wireless Amber Alerts

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to Wireless Amber Alerts:

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

You can get Amber Alert text messages on your cell phone or computer. It's a free service.

If you have questions about it, click on the FAQ's tab at the linked page.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Since this is good and vital information--thread will remain 'sticky' for awhile.

:ty: Reba for sharing this with AD'ers.

~RR

Tousi

Reaction score
Reba, since I do not use the phone feature of my Curve, it is still the identifying feature of my account, I guess. That said, if I use the phone (it appears that I HAVE to) number to register, will I get Alerts textually?

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reba, since I do not use the phone feature of my Curve, it is still the identifying feature of my account, I guess. That said, if I use the phone (it appears that I HAVE to) number to register, will I get Alerts textually?
Yes, it is text. Did you read the faq's? Many of your questions can be answered there. Also, the page about how it works is very informative and clear. :)

ideafspy

Reaction score
Its nice to have that kind of program to community.

The negative part I do see.. zip code is not useful because right now our cellular phone or pager begin use GPS stuff that wireless can track where your cellphone.

Whoever want be part that community should be where ever you are at and page that local is primary and then zip code is second... It is something be "FAST" alert instead follow up the zip code..what if pager alert and check and see that person is kidnapping ... instead of zip code.

Hope they are reconsiders about that GPS stuff

Tousi

Reaction score
Yes, it is text. Did you read the faq's? Many of your questions can be answered there. Also, the page about how it works is very informative and clear. :)

Ummm, :Oops:, I quickly scanned the FAQ's and nothing registered. Guess, I'd best go back sometime....

Pinky

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I love to check on Amber Alert, Most Wanted, Missing children and adults. That's very important to know and find the missing and be safety. :) I did add for wireless amber alerts on my BB.

Here is the link to Wireless Amber Alerts:

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

You can get Amber Alert text messages on your cell phone or computer. It's a free service.

If you have questions about it, click on the FAQ's tab at the linked page.

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
It works! I got an Amber Alert notification on my Blackberry last week.

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update:

I've gotten several mobile phone Amber Alerts on my Blackberry. I get the messages immediately. It's a good system.

PowerON

Reaction score
would be nice if have warning message via text from NOAA in my location. Do they? Let me see...

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
would be nice if have warning message via text from NOAA in my location. Do they? Let me see...
Sometimes you can get local emergency weather text messages from a link provided by your local radio or TV stations. Check their websites in the weather sections.

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Just got a "Code Red Alert" tonight....showed up on our TV and our phone....(we have Broadband)....1st time I've seen that!....Anyhow, it was about a child missing "from my area"....they cut it down to a 5 mile radius area....

SilverRoxy

Deaf/ASL user
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got Amber Alerts text message few weeks ago. Twin teenagers are missing from my area. I did not sign up for the service.

LoveBlue

Reaction score
I get Amber Alerts and some weather alerts automatically (without signing up for them).