Windows 7 in Wrong Partition-How to Move It?

Roca

Reaction score
I just downloaded (yesterday) Windows 7 to my Mac-Mini,mid 2007 edition. (By way of Parallels.)

I have 2 partitions,HD 1 (37-39GB) ,which has OS-X 10.7.5, and a vacant partition,Recovery HD 2 (40 GB) .

Unfortunately,Windows 7 went into HD 1 and has filled up that partition,sharing space with OS-X 10.7.5.

How can i move Windows 7 to Recovery HD 2 or to a 64 GB flash drive and leave OS-X 10.7.5 in HD 1? And make Windows 7 bootable from Recovery HD 2 or said flash drive?

I still have the Parallels dmg file on my desktop along with the Windows 7 iso file.

Thanks!

Is it a fresh install of windows? If so, try re-installing windows and make sure you pick the correct partition this time. If you don't know how to do this, try going to boot settings right when you first turn the computer on (One of the F keys, seems to differ on some computers) and make sure the optical drive is at the top of the list so it picks up your Windows boot disc when it restarts and from there it should be easy.

Hope that helps, I could fix it if I were there, but I'm no longer in Virginia.

Oh, and if the computer boots up, just burn the .iso file for windows 7 to a cd with iso burner or similar programme and your set with a boot disc.

Saavik,

Sorry it took so long to respond. My father has been ill.

I did do a reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate and specified to load it into Recovery HD 2. It went there but was also duplicated into HD 1.

Was also able to install Windows onto the 64 GB flash drive.

My present situation is:

1) HD 1 is the startup disk. Has Mac OS-X 10.7.5 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

2) Recovery HD 2 has Windows.

3) 64 GB flash drive has Windows.

Still haven't found out how to make Recovery HD 2 a bootable startup disk.

P.S.-Was able to load the Transparent Language Spanish program (c. 2002)
onto Recovery HD 2 and it duplicated itself to HD 1 and the flash drive.

Back